Chapter 20

Sodapop's POV

Time passed by, and I could finally walk with Melinda's help. Avalanna kept telling me to ask out Melinda. Darry was also telling me the only to get over Sandy was to ask out Melinda. Everyone in the gang was pressuring me to ask her out. So after therapy while we were talking, I finally found the words to ask her.

"We've talked to each other a lot and we've had great times together, but I've been wanting to ask you this for a long time."

She looked at me with wondrous eyes.

"Could I take you out sometime?"

She looked surprised.

"Your seriously asking me out on a date?" She asked

I nodded and touched her hair and kept looking at her. I leaned my face to hers as I watched her eyes close slowly. I already felt our noses touching. We were 1-inch lip distance away until.

"MELINDA!!!" Someone yelled.

" WHERE'S MELINDA!!!" They yelled again.

The nurses were running with a woman in labor on a hospital bed.

"MELINDA YOU HAVE TO HELP US WITH THIS ONE?"

"Oh, I'm sorry Sodapop I have to take this one." She said looking devastated.

"It's okay, go." I responded back.

All I could tell myself was DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN. Why couldn't I do it faster.

Melinda's POV

I was upset that I didn't get to kiss Sodapop. While I was helping the woman give birth, I just imagined me being the one to give birth and Sodapop being the one telling me to push, but all I can say to myself was DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN.