Chapter 18: Final Training

>>Time Skip<<

After 3 months of training and close observation from the council, they got permission to attack the father of Christina and take his life. But they knew her father would be ready to attack. 

Christina lay in bed, Derek laying besides her, holding her close against his warm muscular body. They had celebrated the time they took to get ready for this mission. They had gone to bed extremely late, and yet the next day they needed to pack for the long day ahead and do final preparations. Christina slowly opened her eyes and groaned, digging her head into his bare chest, taking her time to open her eyes. 

She could hear hustling outside her door and she slowly sat up. She kissed her Fiance's cheek and slowly slid out of bed. She went over to the closet, scanning the clothing she could wear. Henry had everyone a leather suit made, with a built in armor, they would be under the fur while in Werecat form. 

She pulled the leather suit out, laying it on the bed and going through her closet, grabbing skinny jeans and a t-shirt. She pulled her hair back and walked out of her room. The first thing that hit her was the smell of bacon and eggs being cooked downstairs. She smiled, and walked down the stairs slowly, looking around silently.  

For the first time, she saw the beautiful window of stained glass above the front door and rubbed her arms silently. She went into the kitchen to see her mother cooking a long side Ryan. She walked over to them and sat up on the counter. "Morning." Ryan said before taking a sip of coffee. She bowed her head to him, before beginning to rub her eyes tiredly. 

"When do we plan to leave?" She asked softly and looked at him. He shrugged. "We wish to travel by night, it will look less suspicious. Besides, we are waiting for everyone to wake up on their own and pack at their speed. We also need to finish one more test for training." He said calmly. 

She groaned, leaning against the counter and staring up at the ceiling. "Great. Do you think I am even ready for this Ryan? I mean...What if i have to face my father alone... what if he hurts you guys..." She mumbled. Ryan shifted his position and looked at her. "Why are you so worried? We have been training 90 days, day in and out. You have become stronger then the last time you have faced him. We all have." He said in a stern voice, that made her look down. 

She nodded slowly, rubbing her hands gently and sniffling. "Lets go get your training done so you can pack while everyone else finishes their training, and so you can have some time alone." He said. He motioned for her to follow him to the basement for the final training. She jumped off the counter, kissing her mothers cheek before exiting the kitchen and walking down the stairs.

They came to the large clearing, where a Matt was laid on the floor for the training. "Okay, shift." He demanded. She shifted into her werecat form, watching as he did the same. They circled each other, watching each others steps and looking for signs of the first attack. She growled before lunging at him, hitting him in the side of the head, he stumbled and bit down on her paw, before shifting into his human form. 

He flipped over her and grabbed a knife from his belt. He landed on her back, putting the knife against her neck. She stood still, feeling the sharpness of the blade before shaking. He got off her and stared at her. "Final lesson. Learn to shift into your advantage. Shift quickly so you will be able to attack the attacker. This is not just for your father but for other people as well."

He warned. "Now lets try again. But this time I will leave a cut. You need to get this today! We have no time left Christina!" He shouted. She nodded and growled loudly. He shifted back. She watched him growling lowly. She roared, before jumping at him. She tackled him to the ground and they rolled around. She quickly jumped back, walking around him again. Growls and snarls echoed throughout the room. She quickly ran at him, and dodged a attack. 

She shifted quickly, grabbing a hidden knife from her boot. She screamed as he threw her off. She looked at him. "Again." She heard his words echo through her mind. She slowly sat up and put the knife in her belt loop where it will be easier to get. 

She shifted back into her werecat form and circled him again. She watched him and tilted her head to the side. She lunged at him once more, determination burning in her eyes. She jumped at him, quickly shifting. She landed on his back, latching her arm around his neck. She grabbed her knife, putting it against the back of his neck. "Try and move Ryan." She said.

He looked back at her, her eyes piercing his with a deep red in hers. He smirked. "Good job. You also reached your full potential." He said. She slowly got off him, brushing the cat hair from her jeans. "What do you mean by that?" She asked silently. "Your eyes Christina. When a werecat reaches their full potential they unlock powers that are unique to their personality." He said walking around her. 

"You, your brave. Meaning you will have some fighting ability, and your loving. Strength. The rest to me is unknown." He said softly and smiled. "Go get ready and pack up. We leave by nightfall. We are stopping around a few places, there I will help you control your new powers." He said softly.

She bowed her head before walking up to her room. "Abilities...: She whispered. She went to the bathroom in her room. She looked at her red tinted eyes. She blinked and the color disappeared. "What abilities." She whispered. She slowly turned, gripping the counter. She shut her eyes and breathed slowly. She walked from the bathroom and looked at the leather suit, still laying on the dresser where she had left it. 

She reached out and grabbed it. "Say goodbye father. Im coming to kill you." She said, looking up at a small mirror above her dresser, and the aura of a tiger head surrounded hers. She smirked and grabbed the leather suit, putting it into a suit case.