Chapter 16: The Journey Home

She woke up, the cheerful chatter of some people in the front of the van, while the radio brought a strange vibe. Ryan was still asleep, laying underneath her and sprawled out on the floor. She laughed to herself and slowly moved to the back of the van, staring out the window. 

The open grasslands moved past them, occasionally a tree passed but it looked dead. She sighed softly and looked back at Ryan, wondering how long we would stay asleep, so she could start talking to him again. 

She sat silently, examining her broken finger nails and dirty hands. She couldn't remember the last time she took a shower. She was positive that she smelled bad to someone but wasn't quite sure. No one told her she did but she knew it could be that they were afraid that they would make her upset. 

She sat on the ground of the van, looking at the rough flooring inside it. She thought of the car accident  they had gotten in not to long ago.  She hurt herself, and how she only spent one day there, she had a bad accident to. She was a quick healer. like all werecats.

She looked at Ryan again. Why was he sleeping so much? Was he sick, in a Coma? She also wondered how long they could of really been on the streets since they were saved from the zoo. She sat down against the wall of the van and hugged her knees close to her and her mind swam deep in multiple thoughts. 

She dazed out, and quickly fell asleep, her body sliding down against the wall and stopping once her head touched the floor of the van.

She gasped, quickly opening her eyes and sitting up. Her heart pounded against her chest as the truck went over a second bump in the road. Ryan had woken up and was looking out the back window. He looked at her and smiled. "We aren't quite home. Its a long trip huh?" He said softly adding a chuckle to it. 

The truck pulled into a gas station and the two men opened the back doors to the van. Christina slowly got out of the van and rubbed the back of her neck, wincing at the low light of the sun. She stretched out and looked at Ryan silently. 

"How long till we get home?" She asked softly and followed Ryan into the small store, a small blush on her cheeks, being embarrassed since she had't taken a shower in quite a while. She stayed close to Ryan, watching him shrug. "We are about 3 hours away still." He said softly. 

She walked through the store, getting a bottle of water and some food. She had the men to pay, before Ryan led her back out to the truck, and they sat in the back. The men gave her a phone and she slowly put it to her ear.

"Hello?" she muttered into the phone and looked at Ryan. She then heard her mothers voice, the words not understandable since she was sobbing in between. "Mom, I am okay. I promise." She said, looking down at her hand with a smile. "I thought you were dead Christina. So did your fiance and Henry, and your brothers and sister!" She whimpered.

She sighed. "I know Mom, I didn't think I would see you ever again either. But I am. I am okay." She said rubbing the back of her neck and swinging her legs out of the back of the van. "Ryan said we are 3 hours away from home, I should be seeing you soon okay?" She asked with a slight blush. 

She heard the whimper and sob, then the sound of skin rubbing against the phone as if she nodded. "I love you mom, I will see you soon okay?" she asked softly and smiled. She hung up the phone and handed it back to the man, before swinging her legs into the van, and the doors closing again.

She leaned against the van door, watching Ryan silently and eating some sour gummy worms. She watched Ryan, rummage through a bag of chex mix to look for the better piece of the snack. She sighed and leaned against the window, looking out silently. 

After 3 hours of sitting in uncomfortable silence, the van drove up the dirt driveway or Ryan's mansion. Her family and Fiance were standing outside. She could tell her mother was close to tears, the way she stood and her lips quivered. 

The van stopped and the men opened the back of the door. Christina jumped from the back of the van into her mothers arm, feeling the hot breathe of her against her neck. "I missed you." Her mother whispered into her ear. 

She felt the warm salty tears burn into her skin. "I missed you to mom." She whispered. No one intervened the mother and daughter reunion. Once her mother released her from her iron tight grip, she looked over towards her brothers. She ran over to them, draping herself across their extremely muscular bodies. 

"You STINK!" Dillon yelled teasingly. She rubbed herself on him. "Then you will stink with me stink bait!" she yelled at him. He smiled and kissed her cheek gently. She finally let go and looked at her Fiance. His sweet innocent face was ruined by a long scar across his eye and cheek. She smiled gently towards him. He just stood there, in front of his father. "Hey." She muttered, blushing and pushing a strand of blood tinted hair behind her ear.

He slowly walked over to her. "Don't you ever, ever scare me like that again." He said sternly. She nodded and looked towards the ground. She bit her lip tenderly and rubbed her sore arms. He stopped right in front of her. He gently cupped her chin in his hands and lifted her head up towards him. 

She stared into his eyes, as his face moved closer to hers, and their lips clashed. She could taste the mint gum he had been chewing. She closed her eyes, feeling him pull her closer to him.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Here it is my next chapter. Sorry it had taken so long to update. I was busy with school and stuff along those lines. Don't expect me to update right away, I will be closing my freshman year of highschool in 2 months, and need to start contacting my boss for work this summer, but till then, enjoy this chapter,

yes it was kinda boring. Don't stop reading I promise there is more to come, and besides I topped it off with some little love! 

Also, thank you all so much for getting me past 3K reads! about 400 more and we will get to 4K! You all are the best!