Chapter 11: The Shadows

She jumped around happily and hugged him tightly. He chuckled and hugged her.

" Hey why don't you go take a bath and we can go to the council plaza." He said softly and left the room. She quickly stripped and went into the bathroom.  Starting the shower, she stood in front of the mirror and saw a dark figure, she saw dark shadow and turned around quickly.

She looked around and blinked quickly. "just your imagination." She said and rubbed her temples.        

She quickly took a shower and got out, every time she saw a figure at the corner of her eye, she turned to see anything but nothing was there. She sighed walking out and putting on some jeans and a nice shirt. She ran downstairs at the thought of someone watching her and into the kitchen to where Ryan was.

"Ryan, quick question. Is your house haunted?" She asked softly and sat at the table, trying to ignore the figures that were swarming around her.  

He turned and looked at her. "No I don't believe so. Why do you ask?" He said putting a plate of pasta in front of her. She looked around and shivered. "There are figures surrounding me." She whispered.

Ryan looked around cautiously. "I cant sense anything Christina." She breathed heavily and shook her head. "They are all over the place how can you not see them!" She yelled and stood up looking at her hands which were trembling with fear. Ryan looked at her and grabbed her hands and looked into her eyes.

"Ryan! They are everywhere!" She yelled her eyes filling with fear. He stayed silent and kept a tight grip on her wrists so she wouldn't move or run away. He searched her fear filled eyes and nodded. "As I thought. Your sickness is more then the flu." He whispered before letting her go. He went into the cabinet and looked around. He took out a blue vile and turned around. This will make you throw up any poison that was placed in your system." He explained.

She shook her head. "You don't understand! Im hurt and in pain.. these shadows.. their hurting me!" She whimpered. Ryan stepped back from all the yelling. "Christina its ok.. just calm down alright." He said softly and grabbed her shoulder gently.

This time when her looked into her eyes, the pupils were blurry and almost a creamy white. He breathed lightly and stood. "Great. This is what I feared." He said and let go of her once again. He ran up to his room digging through his cabinets and drawers. "Where did I put it!" He yelled. He continued looking being able to hear the soft whimpers of Christina down stairs. He kept looking and lifted his bed.

Under the mattress of his bed was a whole supply storage area. The whole storage was packed with medical supplies that was only known to the WereCat nation. He dug up a small box laying it on the bed. He then opened a box to reveal a supply of liquids that were multiple colors other than just one. He breathed heavily now, knowing he is racing against time. "Come on!"

As soon as he yelled at the bottom of the box he found a bright pink liquid. Luckily it was just enough for one more strong dose. He ran down the stairs and into the kitchen where Christina now had moved to the corner and held her head crying heavily. He shook his head. "Hang in there christina! Im working my hardest on making this for you!" He yelled and made a pot of water and put it on the stove.