Chapter 12: Family Reunion

Christina gasped and sat up quickly. It all seemed like a dream and it wasn't real. But it was. She didn't realize the risk of that those shadows caused her.

She slowly got up and looked at the note on the door. She squealed with joy and ran to the bathroom to wash her face and put a new coat of make-up on. She brushed her hair into a neat pony tail and then put something nice on. She ran down stairs. "Ryan! Ryan Im ready lets go!" She called and looked around. "Ryan?" She asked shyly scared if she would be there or not.

He popped his head out from the kitchen. Flour covered his hair and most of his face. "One minute!" He called before a timer was heard from the kitchen. She walked into the room and a burst of sugar filled her nose. She wanted to drool. "What are you making?" She asked tilting her head. He chuckled pulling a giant cookie sheet from the oven.

She gasped. "Whoa!" She yelled and reached for the cookies. Ryan slapped her hand and took the apron off. "After we get back ok? They are mainly for Your siblings and soon to be mate." He said softly and shook his head knocking all the flour from his head. She sneezed and Ryan left.

"OK. Lets get going." He said gently before walking out of the kitchen to the door. She followed skipping happily to the door and opening it to reveal that same nice car. She ran to it jumping through the window into the seat. Ryan shook his head trying his hardest not to laugh but it wasn't possible.

He got into the car turning it on and the radio lower then the time before. "They are all there and under treatment. Believe me. You wont like what you will see." He said softly and drove off towards the council. That sentence, made Christina's stomach drop to the ground. She was to afraid to ask him what exactly he meant.

After 15 minutes of driving on the road, the council came into view. She was even more nervous then before.

She shivered stepping out of the car and towards the large buildings. Guards approached her then surrounded her. The reason to her was unknown and it only made her more fearful. She winced as the door closed behind them and they were in the infirmary. The guards stepped to the s\ide of her and everything fell silent.

That sound of nothingness was heart wrenching to her and she stood there staring at the wounded bodies of her family. She broke into tears before running to her mothers bed dropping besides her. "Mom! I never thought I would see you again!" She said holding her hand and looking down at her. "All i care about is that your safe now."

She knelt besides her and held her hand looking into her mothers weak eyes. "I'm safe now Christina. So is Dillion, Cooper, and Envy." She whispered before closing her eyes and falling back asleep. Christina stood up staring at her mothers body. She had cuts and bruises all over the place. She slowly turned her head and looked at her other family. Her brothers, Sister, Mate and his father.

She sighed before visiting each and everyone. She looked at Ryan in the doorway before bursting into tears once more running into his arms and crying. "I wish i could of done more!" She yelled into his shoulder. He stood there, staring at the wounded with blank eyes.

Hours passed, no one was awake except Christina. She stayed at the council telling Ryan to go home and get some sleep. She sat at a window and leaned against her elbows. She stared out of towards the sky.

"How could I let this happen?" She thought looking back at the room where her family laid. She looked back out the window and closed her eyes, a soft breeze brushed against her cheeks. "How could I let my family get so.... hurt." She muttered. She heard heavy footprints approach her, thinking it was just a doctor. She lifted her head feeling a cold hand on her back.

She lifted her head and looked a old looking man. "Christina. Dont blame yourself for what has happened. This is a place where they will be taken cared of until they have full health. You did all you needed to just by telling us they were taken." The man said with a deep voice.

She nodded and looked back out the window. "I knew my fathers place all along.. yet I never even... tried to save them. I could of saved them my self." She whispered and slowly stood.

She walked past the man and down the hall to the garden outside. She walked along the beautiful flower beds. No guards, no men, no crying or shouting. Just peace and quiet. But a sound startled her. She stopped and looked around feeling watched. "Hello!" she called nervously before making her to the door that led inside. She shivered and squealed as a sharp pain exploded into her lower back. She looked up at a tall tree in the distance seeing a man in white.

She breathed heavily her vision getting blurry. She looked at where the pain came from seeing a small white dart. "Hunters."

She fell to the ground not being able to stand or feel any limbs. "Help!" She called. But nothing came, just that silent peace. She heard footsteps walking up to her, picking up her limp body and carry her away. Before she even closed her eyes, the last thing she saw was the council plaza get farther and farther away.

"Help me!" She called weakly one last time, till she couldn't stay awake any longer. As the man carried her the dart took affect and she slowly closed her eyes. Soon enough, the man entered a large building with barb wire fence and multiple watch towers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just thought I should add a little excitement to this story. Well here you go. Another chapter.

~Admin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~