Chapter 17: Training for War

She slowly pulled her lips away from him, and smiled gently. She looked at Derek with soft eyes. She had forgotten her family was staring at them with bright smirks on their face, all but Ivy.

She turned to look at them all, their names running through her head. "Ivy, Luna, Dillon, and Cooper, my family. Henry and Derek, My future fiance and his father. The Ryan, My uncle and the man that saved my life." She thought. 

The wind began to pick up and they were lead inside the house, where Ryan and her mother went to the kitchen to make tea for everyone, while Henry went towards the basement to see the weapons that Ryan had owned. 

The kids were left in the living room to talk and catch up. Everyone was laughing and telling ghost stories, besides Ivy who had just sat there on her phone like she always had. After the tea was made, the adults joined the kids for a well earned meeting. 

"So the head council member has told me that we need to stop your father as soon as possible." Ryan said directly to Christina. "For the next couple months, Henry and I would be training all of you to fight in your human and WereCat form. By the month of December, we will be ready, hopefully and set out to hunt and kill the man that has all caused us trouble for the last month or so."

The room went quiet. Training for war? Christina's face went blank and she stood and whimpered. She ran to her room, Derek stood and ran after her. She slammed her door shut, beginning to panic. She ran her hands through her hair and shut her eyes tightly. Derek entered the room as well, pulling her into a hug and holding her close. 

She cried silently into her chest, her body heating up. She felt his gentle hand run along her back gently. "I can't no please I can't face him again." She whispered. 

Derek gently held her close to his body. "You wont be alone in this I promise." He whispered. She nodded slowly and sniffled. "Okay." She whispered. She was lead back down to the room, where no one resided any longer. "They went down to the basement to begin training." Derek said softly. She nodded, and he took her hand, squeezing it and following close behind him. 

Once down at the training room, she saw her mother in her werecat form, leap at Henry. They rolled around on the floor, clawing and biting each other. She watched, moving her hands up his arm gently, and hiding behind him silently. 

Her mother and Henry stopped, looking over towards them. "Come on Christina, come train with me." He said calmly. She shook her head. "D-derek..." She whispered looking for his support. He glanced down at her and nodding before pushing her forward. She whimpered. 

She sighed, closing her eyes and swallowing a deep lump in her throat. "O-okay fine." She whispered. She shifted and looked at him. She followed his movements, circling him and keeping her eyes on him.

They stopped. She faced him and tilted her head to the side frowning. "Take your first swing Christina." He growled. She tilted her head to the side and purred. She moved her front body downwards, digging her claws into the ground beneath them. 

She lunged at him, watching as he raised himself onto his back paws, and her body collided with his. She growled and bit down onto his side. He threw her to the side. She stumbled and and stood quickly. She hissed at him, and she approached before swiping his back legs under him and lunging. She landed on top of his back and bit down on the back of his neck, hard enough to cause a little bit of pain but not much. He froze, and growled silently.

It was a stand still for a while. Christina on her father in laws back, waiting to see if he would surrender or make his neck move. She growled into his neck with each move. She wanted this win, to prove to her family, and the council she isn't weak and could handle almost anything. Suddenly Henry moved and flipped around. She saw his jaws and let go quickly, stumbling back and shaking her head. 

He lunged and landed on her, tackling her, forcing her body to the ground. She whimpered and landed on her side, feeling his teeth land directly onto his neck. His paw was forced onto her head, keeping her pinned to the floor and growling. 

Derek watched, shifting into a Jaguar and tackling his father. He paced around him and roared. The two went into a stare off and Christina watched. "Leave her alone father! She just came back from her trip with her father!" He hissed through mind link. "Time to take a break." Henry said, shifting back and walking away, leaving the two where they were. 

Christina shifted back and slowly stood up. She rubbed the back of her neck and breathed heavily. "I didn't need that Derek. He was showing me that I got to confident in what i was doing." She said softly and growled. He nodded and she walked away, her eyes deep with determination.

Before she wanted to hide, now she was determined to take the man who ruined her life out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys! Here is your update. 

Also another thing! As you might know I am writing a new book and posted the first chapter a couple days ago, so check it out.

I will be switching between the two book and updating them when I can, Schools almost out for the summer! Thanks for being such awesome people to me guys!