05 ♚ Pretty Doves

vote | comment | follow | share

.

.

March 7th

9:55 AM Sulifa, Qa'ihr

Amila King was gorgeous. It was the way she smiled, a smile that was so simple but would make people stare at her. Her beauty was elegant: Hakeem loved the way her long eyelashes framed her deep brown eyes and the faint freckles that were spotted around her eyes. They blended with her rich caramel skin that they were almost impossible to see.  He also loved the fact that she could make him feel so happy just by being close to her, just by smelling her rose, vanilla, and blackberry perfume, he was a better person a million times over.

Hakeem had spent the night with Amila again, but this time in his room. His arms pulled her naked body closer to his as he buried his nose into her neck. She was talking about asking him to get some servants to add the extra mattresses to her room so when Iris, Nelly and Charlie came they wouldn't have to sleep on the floor.

Hakeem traced his fingers on her stomach, watching her tense up and giggle at his slow movements. She tried to untangle herself from him, but Hakeem pulled her closer and kissed her neck.

"Or a better idea, everyone sleeps in there including the boys and you sleep with me." Amila felt butterflies at Hakeem's deep morning voice she almost forgot what they were talking about.

"No, we should think about not sleeping together till the wedding night."

"Why?"

"So it's more special-"

"It's already special, plus I want as much practise as possible making babies." Amila rolled her eyes at Hakeem.

"We aren't being careful enough."

"We'll have the cutest babies ever. I want at least four." Amila scrunched her nose linking her fingers with Hakeem. She definitely didn't want four kids. The birthing process was scary enough and she remembered when she watched Iris give birth in her living room.

"Two max. A boy and a girl."

Hakeem closed his eyes and imagined what life would be like with a family. He could see a mixture of Amila and him running through the corridors. He opened his eyes and watched Amila as she stroked his beard and looked off into the distance.

Hakeem lowered his face to her stomach placing gentle kisses on it and praying in Arabic that one day she'd safely deliver his children.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm praying for children." Amila laughed at him pulling his face up to hers so he could speak to her at eye level.

"What does Albi mean?"

"It means my heart, why?" Amila thought to the time's Amir called her that and then dismissed the idea. She didn't fully understand the term and when it could be used, but she'd make sure to speak to Amir about his use of it in regards to her.

"No reason, you should teach me Arabic." Hakeem shook his head.

"No, I'm going to need a language to complain to my future children about you."

"Fine then, I guess I'll teach them Yoruba. See how you like it."

"They will learn all of them: Spanish, Farsi, and Turkish."