03 ♚ Loyal Subjects

vote | comment | follow | share

.

.

March 6th

4:30 PM Sulifa, Qa'ihr

The downtown streets of the capital were full of life, traders of all kinds were belting out lyrical poems to passersby, hoping that they would stop and engage, children were hanging around in small groups playing with each other and people were laughing and gossiping with each other. The atmosphere was different from that of the Royal estate; it was warmer, livelier and it was at the heart of the capital.

Queen Heer sat in the black car behind the tinted windows as she watched the buzzing of the people in the downtown district. Some of them had spotted her car with the flags on it and began to crowd around the car, but she wasn't fazed - she was here on a matter of family. A family which had been full of surprises lately. 

She had just lost Qa'ihr's prized engagement ring that had been in the family for over two hundred marriages to Hakeem, the emerald, gold and diamond ring that sat in the family vault was probably being given to him now. Queen Heer let out a scoff before looking at the wedding ring that sat on her finger. This family was driving her crazy, she looked back up to the House.

She had sent Leyla's car back and was waiting for Leyla to exit the house the car was parked outside of. Queen Heer turned to her daughter's bodyguard.

"How often does she come here?" 

"At least three times a week." He said avoiding eye contact.

"Yet you're only informing me of this now?" 

Before he could respond, Leyla Saleh exited the house, receiving cheers from so many people and the bodyguard left the car to escort her into the Queen's car. Leyla was irritated; she noticed her discreet black car disappear and her mother's royal car plastered with the flags pull up. Faisal had assured her that it wasn't going to be bad but Leyla knew her mother, so she kissed Faisal goodbye before leaving to face her mother.

Leyla entered the car as her bodyguard sat in the passenger seat with the mother's driver.

"Good Morning Mother." She said politely leaning in to kiss her mother, who sat still and ignored her. Queen Heer wasn't going to shout at her in the eye of the public but once they got home Leyla would be in serious trouble.

Cyra was tired of having to hold Amila steady as they walked around the complex; she nearly gave out a cry of relief when Naisha decided on going into Samara James for some new diamonds to be added to her watch. The staff looked at Amila in confusion it wasn't exactly common to have anyone with a darker complexion on the island. 

"Princess Cyra it's great to have you back." Cyra nodded to be polite and walked Amila over to the seating area.

"I'm here too," Naisha said sparkly knowing the staff didn't know her name, but that would change soon.

They brought an array of diamonds for Naisha on a rich navy velvet tray. Amila, who was of a somewhat sound mind, was trying to sober herself up by drinking all the glasses of water she was offered. The staff filled it up each time it emptied so she was grateful for not having to ask.

"So Amila, how did you meet Hakeem again?"

"Uh ... the library?" Amila tried to remember what Hakeem had told his family.