Chapter 5

ALISON'S POV

Everyone assumes when you meet a guy, something is going on between you and him.

When I meet a guy, Clare jumps into conclusions but also wants to know every single detail. The way she goes on – 'This is a big deal' she says, makes it look like I never dated. I did before but it's just a guy.

Zayn is just a guy that I don't think is my type.

"I'm waiting Miss Brooks." Clare huffs and I sit down across from her.

"Fine. He's name is Zayn as you know. I was waiting for my turn and he came in for an appointment too. We talked and he wanted to see me again so I gave my number-"

"Stop there. He wants to see you again?" I nod and she giggles. "Ooh. Go on."

"So, I left and I was getting a taxi and he offered a ride downtown. I told him that I don't know him, that he could do something bad to me and he said-" A smile tugs on my lip, thinking about the compliment he said.

"You're smiling! What did he say?"

"He said he wouldn't do anything bad to such a beautiful girl like me." "Aww Alison! He wants to see you again and called you beautiful. Doesn't that say something?"

"Clare doesn't mean that a guy calls you beautiful means that he is interested. Maybe the 'I want to see you again' but as friends?"

"Come on! He likes you a little and I see you getting smiley when you talking about him. Put two and two together. You like him a little."

"If I did like him, why would he like me? I'm not interesting. I'm too innocent for him and when he offered a cigarette, I said no and he smirked, saying he likes the fact I'm innocent and asked if I did anything bad before."

"Looks like you got yourself a bad boy." She coos. "He sure looks like one but he seems nice, not exactly cocky."

"I think you doubt yourself with this guy but see how it goes. Are you going to see him tomorrow?" I nod. "Yes."

"Good. This is a nice thing going on Ali. Someone new for you."

There is it.

"Clare!" I moan. "I want to meet him. See how he looks like and how is." "Baby steps please." I mutter. "Ali, just remember. If you are happy then I'm happy."

"Enough about me. At my party, I saw you and Michael getting very cosy." I grin. "There is nothing going on between us." She says nonchalantly.

"See, now that's what you do to me." Clare laughs. "Okay. I guess I could stop doing that." "Bad habits." I point out and she shrugs.

"Clare, I'm home!" Someone shouts out which has to be Clare's mum. We both walk downstairs where Jenny is in the passage. "Alison! It's nice to see you." She hugs me briefly.

"How was your birthday?" She let go of me, keeping my arms out in length. "It went very well! Clare organised a great party."

"I didn't see you so I must give your gift." "Aunt Jenny, you know how I don't like you buying gifts for me. Clare as well."

I am still not over what Clare bought me. Louboutin heels and some fancy dress. There is no need to spend so much on me and I don't like it but she said it's worth every pound she spent.

"You deserve it and it was your birthday." She walks away, retrieving the gift. "You know I'm still upset with you." I mumble.

"It didn't cost so much as you think. I know you like it." "I do like it but I find it unnecessary that you bought that." "Appreciate it and thank me." I roll my eyes and my phone vibrates in my pocket.