Chapter 21

ALISON'S POV

Zayn and I talked out our differences and we both decided that we wouldn't move too fast in this relationship - not that we were really but we just need to take it one day at a time.

I prefer that because I don't want something bad to happen between so it's for the best for the both of us.

Currently, Clare and I are on lunch break so we decided to go us juice. Something different because we go every single lunch break to Starbucks and I am tired of that overrated place.

"Hey Ali, why didn't you answer your phone last night?" She asks as we sit down at a table. "I was out last night at a party so I couldn't take the call." I say just before I sip on my juice.

"Just say you went out with Zayn. There is nothing wrong." Clare pokes my arm playfully. "Caught out." I chuckle. "Thought so." Clare laughs and she takes a sip of her juice.

"Clare, can please drop me off at Zayn's place after work? He always surprises me by coming to my place and I want to surprise him instead." A smile tugs on Clare's lips at my request.

"That's so cute! No problem Ali." "Thanks Clare. I really appreciate it." I smile and she waves it off. "Anything for you sister. How was the party yesterday?"

"Well, in the beginning it was fun but it was cut short after some drunken idiot decided to make a move on me." A frown appears on her face.

"What?" "Not in front of Zayn but he did find out and Zayn wanted to attack him. I stopped him before things got messy and we left."

"Yikes. Men are attracted to you, seriously. Jay made a move; Daniel is begging you to come back to his sorry ass and now this lad from the party. Ali, what is your secret weapon?" She teases and I roll my eyes playfully.

"I don't do anything. They just come onto me. I don't like it because I have Zayn and there is no one else I am interested in."

¤ ¤ ¤

"Just here." I say while pointing out the familiar house that belongs to Zayn. Clare stops her car in front of Zayn's house and I look at her.

"Thanks Clare." I reach out to give her hug and got out. Standing on the pavement, waving my best friend goodbye as she drives off, I walk up to the front door and press the doorbell. A few couple of seconds later, the door opens and Zayn is standing in front of me dressed in casual clothes.

"Hi there Zayn." I smile as wrap my arms around him but his grip around me isn't the same as usual.

"Uh... hi Alison." He says quietly and I raise my eyebrows.

Why is he speaking so soft? He has a whole house to himself - unless...

No! Why would I think that?

"What's wrong? Zayn, why are you speaking so soft?"

"Zayn!" Someone shouts in the background. The voice sounds so child-like.

A girl came running from the back and stood next to him. The girl looks around ten or eleven years old, has big green eyes and has light brown hair. I have to say she looks really cute.

"Zayn, who is this?" The girl whispers to him and he looks dumbfound. "Uh..."

"Safaa!" Another girl came running in but this time it's a teenager. She looks so alike Zayn who has the same black hair, brown eyes and long eyelashes.

Then it all came to me.

The picture that was in Zayn's living room.

It's his younger sisters.

"Safaa, you were supposed to stay in the living room." The older sister whispers to Safaa harshly and then all their eyes were on me.

Zayn sighs in annoyance, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Alison, come in." He gestures for me to come and in. Once I stepped inside, I closed the door and followed Zayn and his sisters into the living room.

A woman who looks in her early forties was sitting down on the couch, reading through a magazine. She is light brown hair with some highlights, dark green eyes and the youngest sister looks like her.

"Zayn, who was at..." The woman asks but didn't complete the sentence once I walked in.

The two sisters went to go sit down next to her, leaving Zayn and I standing in front of them to be the center of attention.

I'm one-hundred per cent sure that his mother is sitting on the couch because she looks like the women in the picture.

Oh great.

"Mother, Wali and Saf. I would like you to meet someone. This is Alison. She's my girlfriend." Zayn says and places his arm around my shoulder, squeezing it in reassurance.

I could do nothing but smile at his family, trying to not act overwhelmed. "Hello."

I didn't expect this to happen so soon.

"Alison, that's my mother Patricia and my two sisters Waliyha and Safaa." He points each one of them out as he introduces me to them.

Never am I ever going to show up at Zayn's house unexpectedly again.

¤ ¤ ¤

"So, that's how we met. We got to know each other and things began to bloom." Zayn says.

Zayn is currently explaining to his mum about how we met and how we became a couple. I sat on the couch along with Safaa sitting next to me. Waliyha was sitting on the armchair, using her phone.

How could he not tell me that his family is here?

Zayn is not hiding our relationship in public but his family is here and he doesn't bother to invite me over to meet them.

"You are really pretty, Alison." Safaa says with a smile, breaking the silence between us. "Why thank you Safaa. You are also a pretty girl." I smile back at her.

"Well, that's nice Zayn. I'm happy for you." Zayn's mother says with a smile. Patricia stands up from the couch and look at her daughters.

"Wali and Safaa. Let's start unpacking." Waliyha and Safaa gets up from the couch and walks away, both of them waving goodbye to me.

Thank you Patricia. Zayn owes me an explanation to why he didn't tell me you are here.

"Zayn, why didn't you tell me that your family is coming?" I whisper once we were completely alone and he sighs quietly.

"I'm sorry but they surprised me too. They were supposed to come tomorrow but came today. Don't think I wouldn't tell you that they were coming and that I'm hiding you from them. There is absolutely nothing I am ashamed off." He explains and chuckles escape from my mouth.

"Everyone is surprising you today." "That's true. I'm really sorry. Am I forgiven?" Zayn pouts playfully which makes me giggle.

"Yes but you, Mr Malik, is full of surprises." "Of course Alison. Do you think you will be able to make it for dinner this evening? I want my family to get to know you."

"I guess that can be arranged."