Chapter 25

ALISON'S POV

"Alison." Someone taps their finger against my shoulder, waking me up from my deep slumber.

I just want to sleep and I am certain that my mother is trying to wake me up.

"What?" I snuggle up in my duvet, my eyes remain close. "You have to wake up. Work starts in an hour." Huffing in annoyance quietly, I rub my eyes open and sit up in my bed.

I'm not a morning person so much.

Looking at my mum, her arms were crossed against her chest and her blue eyes glaring at me.

"Good morning to you too mum. What's wrong?" I mutter. "Maybe you want to tell me?" She darts her eyes forward and I look at her confused then look in the same direction as her.

Zayn is sleeping peacefully next to me. His back facing my mum and I.

Right, he slept here last night.

"What's the problem?" I ask and mum narrows her eyes at me. "Maybe you want to tell me?" She repeats the question once again.

"I came home last night after dinner with the Malik's. Zayn doesn't call anyone to tell us that you alright and the biggest surprise when I came home last night is seeing him in your bed." She says bitterly and I look at her confused.

"Mother, do you think I would do that? Zayn wouldn't take advantage of me. He knows exactly what I am going through right now and I asked him to stay."

All of a sudden my mum starts to laugh. "You think so Alison. I'm not happy that he slept here. What would your father say about this?"

This is my time to laugh at her.

"I thought you liked him? You didn't mind me one bit going out with him and don't you dare bring dad into this!"

I'm struggling to keep my voice as a whisper because I really don't want to wake up Zayn with this argument. Early in the morning I have deal with my mother's stupid worries.

"I like him and but at the same time, I don't like him." "You don't like him because?" Mum shrugs.

"I can't quite put my finger on it but something is telling me that not everything is nice about him. Tricia is a wonderful women but Zayn is quite different. He is not great as you think." She explains and I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Well, you are just going to have to accept the fact that I'm with Zayn. I'm happy with him and if you don't like it, too bad." Mum shakes her head in disapproval and glares at me once again.

"Don't talk to me like that!" She hisses, pointing her accusing finger at me. "Can you just be happy for me for once?" I retort.

"I'm just going to say be careful. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. Get up." Mum leaves, closing the door behind her. I fall back onto my bed and look at Zayn.

"I don't care what she thinks about you. I want to be with you." I whisper to him even though he is oblivious to what I am saying.

I have to get up and have to wake up Zayn. As much as I really don't want to, I have to.

"Zayn?" I tap his shoulder. "Mm?" He stirs. "I'm sorry. I know it's early but we have to wake up." He sighs quietly and turns his body to face me.

"Morning babe." He says, his voice sounding husky.

I love his morning voice.

"Morning." I kiss him quickly against his lips and get up from my bed. Just as I was about to get out of my bed, he grabs my wrist.