Chapter 9

ALISON'S POV

"So, you met Jay."

"Yeah. I can't believe you actually sing Zayn. Why didn't you tell me?" I playfully scold.

"Well, I was going to tell you and I was going to invite you tonight." He shrugs.

"Okay. If that's what you say but seriously you can sing."

I still can't believe it.

"Yes, I can sing." He chuckles. "Stop making it as it's such a big deal." Zayn continues to laugh and I shake my head.

"Okay, okay. What song are you going to sing?" A playfully smile tugs on his lips. "Don't worry. It's my secret."

"Are you and Jay close friends?" "Not really." He murmurs. "Is he coming tonight?" Zayn lets out a sigh. "Yes. Alison, just be careful around him, okay?"

"Why?" I frown in confusion.

Jay seems like a decent guy so why would Zayn say that?

"Please just promise me you will be careful." I nod in agreement. "I promise."

¤ ¤ ¤

We arrived at the coffee shop in Central London. Jay was standing outside the entrance, patiently waiting for us. Zayn opens the door for me and we walk up to Jay.

"Hey mate." Zayn shook his hand.

"Hey." I wave at him and he smiles. "Hi Alison." Zayn shoots Jay a dirty look and then looked at me. "I'm going inside to see if everything is fine for the gig." He looks back at Jay.

"Look after her." Zayn says sternly. I can see that he isn't really happy to leave me alone with Jay.

Something must have happened between the two of them.

Zayn whispers harshly into Jay's ear and he smiles cunningly.

"Sure." Zayn went inside the building and Jay looks at me. "Shall we go inside?"

Nodding in agreement, we enter the café and it is very cosy inside and quite busy. We sat down by a table nearby the small stage and a waitress stopped by.

"Hi. Can I get you something to drink?" She smiles. "No thanks Karen." Karen looks at me next. "You?" "Nothing for me." I smile at her and she quickly walls away.

Zayn walks onto the stage, talking to the band members. Everyone else in the café was ordering their drinks and finding tables to sit at. Zayn finally walks up to the microphone, sitting down on the bar stool.

"Hey everyone. I'm Zayn Malik and I'm going to sing for you this evening." Some people were clapping and some cheering like Jay and I.

"This song is for someone really special." He looks at me momentarily and I blush. The band starts playing the tune and some of the audience starts cheering

"Hop on the back of my bike. Let the good wind blow through your hair. With eyes like that and a smile so bright. Oh, you're killing me; you know it ain't fair, yeah."

Oh. My. God.

This man has talent.

"Ride on through the middle of the night. Let the moonlight kiss your skin. When you dance like that, your jeans so tight. Oh, you're killing me, baby do it again."

Zayn was singing Miguel's song with Mariah Carey 'Beautiful' and it is one of my favourite songs.

"You're beautiful, and your mind is beautiful and I can't pretend that doesn't mean a thing to me, to me, yeah." He sings directly at me, making me blush.

"You're beautiful, good lord, you're so beautiful and I can't pretend that doesn't mean a thing to me, to me, yeah, yeah."

Voice of an angel.

"I like when you run red lights. Don't stop 'til you thrill me, oh how you thrill me. Always in control, how you do it, I don't know but I don't care, take me anywhere."

"'Cause it's beautiful, ooh you make me feel invincible and I can't pretend that doesn't mean a thing to me, to me, oh yeah."

Zayn sang the chorus one last time, still singing the lyrics directly at me. Throughout the performance, the audience were singing along and cheering.

Once he finished the song, everyone was cheering and clapping.

"Thank you everyone. Hope you enjoyed it!" He smiles and jumped off stage. Zayn finds me and wraps his arms around me.

"You were amazing! You such a great singer!" I gush enthusiastically.

A smile tugs on his lips as he looks down at me. "Thank you babe."

Babe.

"I'm just going to speak with the band members. Go wait outside for me. I'll be there shortly."

Obliging, I went outside and Jay was leaning against the wall. Joining him, he looks at me.

"Alison?"

"Yeah?" "You really are beautiful." "Thanks Jay." I smile at him and Jay shifts off the concrete wall, standing in front of me. He pushed me against the wall and hands on each side of my head, trapping me.

"What are you doing!?" I yelled.

"Kiss me Alison."