Chapter 33

23 July.

I have dreaded this day for the past two weeks. I knew this day was going to come by quickly and I didn't want to believe that this is the day that I will loose my father.

I wasn't ready for this but on the other hand if another person was in my case, they wouldn't be ready for it either.

For the past two weeks, the people who I needed was here for me. Zayn, Mum, Edward and Clare. They don't know how much I appreciate it, especially Zayn.

Yesterday, he didn't make fun of me or rushing me into saying goodbye to my dad. During this time, he was making sure he was by my side when I needed him and taking me to see my dad anytime I needed to go.

He was there when I needed a shoulder to cry on, comforting me.

But all five of us today were going to lose the person that meant so much to us.

I got some sleep but I woke up this morning at five. I laid in bed, over thinking and holding back tears that wanted to come out badly.

Zayn was still holding me, sleeping peacefully. He looked so adorable when he was asleep, his lips slightly parted.

The funny thing is that we occasionally watch each other sleep. He usually takes pictures of me when I am asleep though.

I remained awake till eight just staring at the ceiling, thinking about today. I didn't want to get out of bed, to face this day ahead.

Zayn had work today and so do I. Anne knows what I am going through so she offered me the day off but I refused. I wanted to just keep myself busy and not to have this on my mind the whole time. The more busy I am, the better.

Zayn shifted besides me, yawning besides me "Morning Ali." He said husky in a voice. I love his morning voice "Morning". "Can't believe the day has come." He mumbled "Yeah."

"Are you going to work?" I nodded "I think it would be better for me but I was allowed to take the day off." I got out of bed and went straight to the shower. After I finished up, I was stopped by my mum in the hallway.

"Bathroom singer hey." "What?"

I wasn't singing in the shower.

"Zayn." We stood in silence listening to him singing some song I have never heard of "He has a great voice." Mum patted my shoulder and went downstairs. I went to my room, putting on my work clothes.

Zayn came into my room dressed in a black skinny jeans and grey tank top, his hair in a messy quiff.

He looks hot.

"My mum heard you sing in the shower." "And what did she say?" "He's a bathroom singer hey but she did say that you sing great." He chuckled.

"How nice. I'm sure she will like our performance tonight." I nodded and he walked up to me, taking my hand "You sure you want to do it Alison?" "I'm sure." "Alright. As you wish. You ready?" "Yeah. Five minutes."

I quickly applied minimal make-up and went downstairs with Zayn. We went inside the kitchen where mum was drinking her usual coffee. She looked at us but paid her full attention to Zayn, eyeing his arm full of tattoos.

To be honest, what Zayn was wearing, was exposing majority of his tattoos and the way she is looking at him.

She was not impressed.

She cleared her throat "Morning Zayn." "Morning." "Do you want anything to eat or drink?" He shook his head " No thank you." I quickly drank a glass of juice.

"I'm going to work. I'll see you later mum." She frowned "Aren't you-" "No." I interrupted her "Okay. Well see you later." I gave her a kiss on her cheek.