17. Oh Mother

I'd like to say a HUGE sorry for taking so long in updating. I know it's not nice and mean of you to wait but I have quite a lot going on in real life right now so don't really have that much free/spare time to right more of this story. So I'm so very sorry and hope you still continue to read this even though I'll be updating slowly. Thank you so much if you do!

I'd also like to take this time to let you know that I have planned out the rest of this book so hopefully, it shouldn't take too long to finish. My aim is to complete this book before the end of this year and before December if possible.

Anyway, thanks for reading and hope you're enjoying it ^_^

_____

"What should I do?" I ask to the grave in front of me.

It is 10am and I'd left Tessa's about half an hour ago. It was nice until the fight. I can't help but feel guilty about that. There she was being nice and inviting me over then I go and ruin the gesture by being rude.

I let out a long, hefty sigh while I lift my head and look out to the left. Autumn trees lay on each side of the windy road, resting in the freshly mowed grass. The beautiful blue sky floats above without a cloud in the sky.

It's such a beautiful day.

I guess it may sound a little strange to be at a cemetery when I could be out at the beach with some friends. I just had to come and see Dawn. I know it may seem weird to come and talk to a grave but - call me crazy - it's like I can feel her presence here stronger than anywhere else. I guess it makes sense.

"What do you think I should do? Should I tell mum that dad's back or should I not mention it and hope that he stays away? I don't know. I wish you were here so you can tell me what the right thing is to do," I whisper, staring down at the grave. "You always seemed to know the right thing. You were never wrong, maybe that's why dad loved you more than me."

I let out a long, sad sigh before pulling myself up off the ground.  I begin walking away from the grave – from Dawn – knowing that I wouldn’t get a response. There was always a part of me that used to hope that she would reply, soothe me and tell me everything would be alright. But after the third visit, my hope had shattered. That was when I realised that she was gone and she wasn’t coming back.

When I reach my car, I turn back to look back at the grave that is now blocked by an array of carnations I just recently deposited in front of the grave. It’s sad to think that she was taken away so soon. That an innocent child was taking away way before their time. It’s devastating.

I unlock the car and jump in. After putting my key in the ignition, I turn the key and apply the handbrake before inserting the clutch. I turn on my indicator and pull out of my park. I drive down the short, hill, making my way to my house.

~~~~~

“I’m home!” I call as I enter the front door.

No reply. Huh, maybe mum’s not home yet.

I walk into the lounge and walk up the stairs. Once in my room, I walk over to my bed while throwing my bag onto the couch. I then walk over to my closet and pull out my guitar. I jump onto my bed, my guitar in tow. I place my index finger on the second string in the first fret, then place my middle finger on the fourth string in the second fret and place my wedding finger on the third string in the second fret. I ease my hand down, strumming the chords.

Perfect. Still in tune.

I begin strumming the A minor chord and start singing the first song I learnt on guitar, alternating between the A minor, E minor and G chords when necessary: