1. The Beginning of the End

Name: Amber Morgan

Age: 17

Siblings: My twin sister, Dawn (deceased)

Parents: Rachel and Josh (absent from my life)

Hobbies: DANCING, singing, songwriting, and anything else that's music related

Favourite Colour: Toss up between pink and purple (I'm kinda a girly girl at heart)

Favourite Food: Salad (I'm a vegeterian, don't judge)

Favourite Drink: Mineral water (very refreshing)

Favourite Movie: Ballet Shoes

Favourite Book: Mao's Last Dancer (such an inspiring story)

Yup, that's right. My father walked out on us when I was only 5. It wasn't exactly a bad thing considering he was always abusing mum and I. Funny how he never abused Dawn, but then again, everyone loved Dawn. Correct. Dawn was my twin sister and I refer to her in the past tense. That must mean one thing; she's passed on. That's the nice way of putting it. In reality, she was killed.

It was the year 2005. The date was Wednesday 25th May. The time was 8.05pm. We were both 11 years old and we sat in the back of Mum's silver 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid. We were belting along to Avril Lavigne's song, Sk8er Boi, at full volume. I looked up just in time to see the Ford Territory SUV that was slowly drifting over the yellow centre line... Towards us. Mum tried to swerve out of the way, but it was too late. The two cars already collided. The singing had come to an abrupt stop. One life was taken. Dawn. Sweet, innocent Dawn. Blood covered half of her face. Her neck was out at an awkward angle.... I can't say the rest. It's too painful, brings back horrible memories. It was like I couldn't recognise her anymore. Not a good way to remember your sister.

Now you see, life won't always go the way that you planned. It won't always run as smoothly as you'd hoped. Expect the unexpected.