Let's Dance

He checked himself out one last time in the mirror, readjusting the bow tie – which Caitlin had offered him – for what seemed like the thousandth time in the past ten minutes. It had been a while ago since the last time he had worn his tux but it still fit like a glove – the dark material bringing out the red bow tie at his neck. Caitlin had insisted that he wore this particular bow tie, but had refused to tell him why. He had guessed it had something to do with her attire from which he knew nothing about. He had tried more than once to gain more informations about it, without much success. But she always seemed so excited about him wearing it every time he brought it up, that he couldn't really mind not knowing the reason why. He was pretty much helpless in front of a cute Caitlin Snow.

Barry slightly turned his head to the left and was satisfied when he couldn't see the tiny earpiece he was currently wearing in his reflection. Hopefully Felicity was right and they wouldn't make the metal detector beep at the entrance. Because then he would be totally screwed. Big time.

A ball of nervousness had formed itself at the pit of his stomach since he had woken up this morning. Never had he been so jittery at the thought of going to a party. Sure, some of the anxiety came from going to S.T.A.R. labs, the danger of being discovered and maybe making progress in his job. But the bigger part of his tension came from his date. Their fight had somehow brought them even closer than they had been before. They would call each other every day and they barely spent more than one day apart. Everything he felt for this woman was real – he felt it in his bones.

"Don't worry, Barry. You look great."

Barry startled alone in his room. He had almost forgotten that Felicity, currently in her office at Starling Investigation on the other side of the city, could see and hear everything that he could, the devices he was wearing being already activated.

"One two – one two – sound check."

"I can hear you Felicity. Now please, you promised you would behave." Barry replied through his shirtsleeve microphone.

"I know, I know. But I'm freaking excited about this."

Barry rolled his eyes. "Well, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself from my miserable state of nerves. Now please, shut up."

Felicity chuckled in his ear and Barry glared affectionately at her into the camera – placed at the centre of his bow tie – through the mirror. He was really amazed by the tiny devices he had gotten, practically invisible to the human eye and highly efficient.

There was a soft knock on his door and Barry straightened his jacket one last time, before grabbing the single red rose lying on his table before opening his door.

He lost his voice as soon as his eyes settled on her. She was wearing a sleeveless red dress with a light black jacket on her shoulders. The dress snug closely to her body and ended just above her knees, revealing her perfectly shaped legs. At her feet were deep black high heels. At the same instant, he realised that his outfits – black tuxedo with a red bow tie – matched exactly hers, only in reverse. And he was sure that, together, they would look really good. No wonder she had been so excited when she had given him the bow tie.

"Barry?"

His eyes flew up to her cocked eyebrow. "Oh wow." He croaked – really, was he incapable of speaking clearly in her presence? – and then cleared his throat. "You look beautiful."

Caitlin giggled softly, looking down at her hands as a blush crept up her cheeks, becoming almost as red as her dress, which was pretty endearing if you'd ask Barry. She glanced back up at him. "You don't look too bad yourself." She slowly came closer to him and adjusted his bow tie just because she wanted to. "Nice bow tie." She whispered, her breath hot on his jaw.