Chapter 9 What The Mind Could Never Explain.

It's been a week sense I last saw Kale at his party. The whole night had gone wrong, and one look at him may cause my eyes to water.

"Your jeep is as good as new. The transmission is working like a charm, the brakes work nicely and everything else seems to be working great!" Jacy smiles happily as he hands me over my keys.

"Thank you for fixing her up, it would have cost me a fortune at the auto shop. How can I repay you?" I smile back gleefully. It had taken longer than I thought it would take him to fix up my jeep, but it wasn't really a bother. Riding in his expensive car was a once in a life time experience, and it was fun hanging out with the football team even if they were a little cocky at times. 

  "I can't think of anything at the moment, but when I do I'll let you know." He confirmed.

"Okay." I nod, opening the drivers door. Jacy walks over to the garage door, clicking a green button which openes the garage door. I hope into my jeep, putting the keys into the egnition, cranking the engine on. Slowly, I back out of the garage, saying my goodbyes before driving down the road. It feels good to be driving my jeep. I don't have to suffer feeling suffocated in Jacy's car with half a dozen other people, having air conditioning on full blast. For Peet sakes, the Jeep doesn't even have a roof, and it feels like I'm free. My hair flows back, ruffling in the wind.

  An afternoon snack sounds pretty good right now. I skipped out on my mom's grilled cheese toast lunch to pick up my jeep. At the moment anything sounds good, even if it's her greasy charcoal grilled cheese toast! My mother was never the greatest cook, growing up we usually had take out. It was only until I hit high school, where I took cooking courses, and now am able to cook yummy dishes.

I pulled into the small parking lot at Maya's Sweet Sugar. Guaranteeing, Blake will most likely be in his usual spot, sipping rose tea, siting on one of the old fashion stools at the counter, while flirting with Maya herself, without looking around for his car.

Taking the keys out of the egnition, I pocket them while clearing out of my jeep. My sandled feet smack onto the warm pavement heated by the sun. Closing the door behind me, I flip flop upto Maya's Café. A bell rings as I open the glass door to the café.

"Athena!" An out raged, but warming voice shouts. Half stunned, I stop in my tracks, looking alarmed. A mop of crazy brown curls comes into view.

"Maya." I greet in a softer tone.

  "You have to save me from this mad man!" Her pupils largen in the swirls of green. Her brown finger points dramatically at Blake Alen.

To conclude, I was right. Blake sat on a stool, sipping tea at the counter, looking at me with his sea blue eyes helplessly. An old red Coca-Cola shirt clinged to his muscular torso.

  "Ask her out all ready!" I shout over Maya's shoulder to Blake. His blue eyes glared at me, a swirl of fire rising. I throw my hands up in surrender.

"Don't talk about me like I'm not hear." Maya warns. She places a hand on her hips, causing her curves to be noticed. She returns to the other side of the counter, where she waits to aid me in serving my order.

"Don't press my limits!" Blake warns, before sipping from his tea.

"Rosehip?" I ask, curiouse. Have I really predicted everything right? So far I have been right about Blake being here, sitting in his usual spot at the counter.

"Parshley correct. A smidge of camomile has been added for flavour." Blake corrects me. His eyes glued on Maya as she cleans the counter, leaving it sparkly clean.

"So what'll it be?" Asks Maya, she tucks a stray curl behind her ear.

   "A chocolate pecan tart." I order. The luscious chocolatey flavour in thought, causes my taste buds to crave the tart, as drool builds up.