Chapter 19 Not My Kinda Day

Stuned by the man who stood before me, I managed to push myself away, rushing up to my room, slamming the door shut as hard as I could.

"Hey! You don't pay for the house here, so don't go beating it around, you little-." Jacob began yelling at me, but I interrupted him before he could call me any nasty names.

"For your information, I do have to help my mom pay for our house, because I never had a dad who had a job that could help us pay for bills!" I yell back.

"Is this true?" I heard Jacob ask my mom.

"No..." her mumble was just barely heard.

"Is this true!?" Jacob began to yell.

I had to do something to stop him from yelling at my mother. He's out of control with his rage yelling.  What if he were to hurt her?

"Yes." Her mumbles were soon replaced with tears.

I ran into my bed, throwing the blankets over my head. I blocked the yelling out of my ears, hoping it would stop soon. Was I a wimp for not standing up to him? Should I rush to my mom's side and be there for her? What am I still doing here, hiding out?

***********

  I wake up to anything but peaceful chirps from birds and warming sunlight. It was the curses and the yelling from down stairs the woke me. At first I panicked, thinking Jacob was at it again, fighting with my mom, but there were no hearble replys, it was obvious he was talking on the phone.

I needed to get myself to school before anyhhing serious happens here. But should I leave my mother home alone with him?

I left my room miserable, and took a shower to freshen up. Wetting my hair down, I shampood my hair with the strawberry seanted shampoo, scrubbing every inch of my head, until I had suds on my head giving me the look of a poodle. I rinsed the shampoo out with the hot water, wanting to boil away every bad thought of Jacob. Over thinking is very dangerous, it can cause the mind to think something and then belive that thought is actually happening when its not.

After showering, I dry my hair and change into a white t-shirt with the words good vibes printed on the frontside. However, today is anything but good vibes. I slip my legs into jeans, pulling the waist of the jeans upto my waist, and buttoning up the pants. Putting on socks and slipping my feet into red ankle cut converse. With my school bag hanging from the straps on my shoulders, and my phone in my hand and the jeep keys in the other, I left my room in a rush. I need to escape this hell hole before it actually turns to hell.

  "You should eat something before you leave."  Jacob said, picking up a package of cereal and waving it at my direction.

Does he really think I'm going to sit down with him and eat cereal? Hell no!

"I never eat at home." I point out. It was true. I always ate at Maya's or I stopped at the nearest drive in fast food chain and picked up a coffee.

"How come?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

  "Ah... I like to eat with my friends."I mumbled, hoping he would take my excuse.

"You-" I dashed to the door, leaving the house before he could finished his sentence. I really don't want him talking to me, or need him talking to me. 

  ***********

  "You aren't serious are you?" Makenna asked, terror in her eyes when I told her about Jacob being down.

"I wish." I mumbled.

"As scary as it is, don't you think its the perfect oportuinity to ask him all those questions relating to you and Noah?" Just her mentioning Noah sent mindless thoughts swarming into my head. As right as she was, I doubt I could ever overcome my fears and speak up to him, asking almost a dozen questions at once.