Oh, fuck!

There's something he's forgetting. Something important. He'd nearly thought of it staring up at the ceiling while lounging in bed... Nearly.

Running hasn't helped him gain traction within his mind. Exercise usually helps in such matters. The thing, important as he knows it to be, remains just beyond his capacity to remember. It is increasingly frustrating as the morning wears on.

Is it something to do with work? No. Of that he's certain. Something to do with cleaning the tux he'd worn the night before? All that dancing ... No, again. He'd laid it out as a reminder to himself to send it out to be dry cleaned. What is it?

He scrubs his fingertips through his lathered hair, massaging his scalp to try to loosen the thought from whatever corner it occupies. It is, he realizes, the second time he's shampooed. Distraction is making him careless. Rinsing off and then just standing there to allow the water to cascade over him - still he can't seem to remember the something he'd sworn to remember the night before.

Is it so important? Yes. Decidedly yes. He'd woken sure of that.

Stepping out of the shower and wrapping a towel modestly around his waist he offers a one shoulder shrug to the man in the mirror, "Well, Tom? What is it? What. Is. It?" He waves one hand towards his reflection, "And why didn't you just write it down in a note?"

A note.

He pauses, a flash of inspiration occurring. He flicks his focus from his towel clad form to his hand, his freshly washed hand, and the palm that had contained a hastily scrawled number.

No phones. That had been the rule. Somehow he'd managed to snag a sharpie, though, and that had allowed him to write down her number... The number wormed from her through coaxing and persistence. The number now removed, all but the first few digits washed away from his previously salty skin."Oh, fuck!"