Darling I didn't mean that. [something angsty*]

ϟ Babe ϟ

It's almost a question - save, of course, for punctuation. Would it kill him to add that to an iMessage? One doesn't do such things when texting... Though one does participate in booty calls. He isn't above that. Not Tom.

You resist responding. He'd made it clear that all he wanted was company for the night. After the fifth phrasing of having such an early morning you'd come to the decision that you would be well out of his hair by the time his early morning needed to start.

Here comes another message. Lovely little ellipses to tell you that he's typing.

And typing.

And typing.

Will it be a novel?

ϟ So ϟ

So? You ignore your device, and the man trying to correspond with you through it, and moodily sip more of your caffeinated beverage.

So. That's all he can manage.

ϟ I thought my morning was early ϟ
ϟ Didn't expect an empty bed ϟ

Didn't you, Hiddleston? You frown at the phone, at the string of messages you're unable to keep from reading.

Leave it. Just leave it. Sip your coffee. You're almost home - the morning commute not taking long at all even factoring in your stop for coffee.

ϟ You're reading and not responding ϟ

Well noted.

ϟ Is this about last night ϟ
ϟ Are we ok ϟ
ϟ I'm going to call ϟ

You snap your phone up out of your lap and type a response as soon as the last message comes through.

∬ Yea. Just didn't expect to be kicked out of bed. ∬

ϟ What are you talking about? Kicked out of bed? ϟ

There. Finally. Punctuation! The ellipses appear again before you've had a chance to respond. Now you're both typing furiously.

∬ You made yourself perfectly clear last night. ∬

ϟ There was no kicking! ϟ
ϟ Any kicking that was done was done by you ϟ

Another message that makes you glare at the screen of your device. It's a damn good thing he's not having this conversation with you within arms reach. You'd throttle him. He's claiming you left before the sun came up of your own accord? Braved the chilly predawn when you could have enjoyed the comfy bed and post-coital bliss a bit longer?

ϟ Hence the asking where you were this morning ϟ

∬ You made yourself perfectly clear. ∬

ϟ Evidently no, I didn't ϟ

∬ Oh. Is that what that was? Hard to tell that from a single word greeting. ∬

ϟ What might I have said to make you think I wanted to wake up alone? ϟ

∬ What didn't you say? ∬
∬ You went on and on. ∬
∬ Needed the morning to get your head on straight. ∬
∬ Blah blah blah. ∬
∬ I got the message. ∬
∬ You're welcome. ∬

Your fingers finally pause, hovering over the keyboard in prep for a followup, whatever it might be. After that series of quickly tapped out messages... is there anything more that might need to be said?

ϟ Guess I shouldn't have expected more from a late night booty call ϟ

The pair of you fool around on occasion. Friends with benefits is the nicer term. Hearing him call it a booty call... it leaves you feeling... Well, probably best to call a fish a fish. Leave it. Leeeave it.

You manage to keep from replying for the rest of the commute. It's only after walking in the door that you give in to the urge to say one last thing.

∬ Guess not ∬

Within moments he's typing again. You shouldn't have responded. You should have let him have the last word.

ϟ I'm sorry darling, I didn't mean that. ϟ

∬ Yea you did. ∬
∬ But it's fine. We are what we are. ∬