February Flash Fic - Day 2 - mini-golf

[From the world of {I'll Always Want} More]

"I thought I said no peeking."

Paige quickly closes her eyes again, though she quirks an eyebrow at Tom - or at least in his general direction, "Why can't I see that we're going to your place?"

Tom hems, "It was meant to be a surprise."

"It stopped being a surprise the moment you shushed Roderick halfway through hellos." She gives Tom's hand a warning squeeze. It's less a scolding than playful banter, but he will owe Roderick an apology.

"Alright, fine." Tom caves, grinning all the more as Paige opens her eyes. "The big reveal is inside, anyway."

That just makes her raise her other eyebrow at him as well.

Shaking his head, he laughs, "Not that kind of big reveal..." Although - now that the thought was out there. No, he forces himself to focus on the presentation he was about to give. They can satisfy endless urges later. That part of his home, at least, had been spared.

Paige is left momentarily speechless after he opens the door, only to manage to flit out a laugh of disbelief after he ushers her over the threshold. Tom's spartan home has been transformed. "What -" she blinks, trying to take it all in, "what happened? What did you do?"

Tom watches her closely, relishing the bright, stunned - and stunning - smile that only grows as she looks around. "Laurel said you used to love playing mini-golf with your cousins. I thought - what with the snow limiting options - that maybe I should bring the course to you."