February Flash Fic - Day 5 - devotion

We'd been texting back and forth pretty steadily since I left the office, talking about anything, and nothing in particular

We'd been texting back and forth pretty steadily since I left the office, talking about anything, and nothing in particular. We touched on the workday - long, how he'd snagged our favorite booth at the pub - easily done because the waitstaff loved him, the commute I'd inevitably suffer from the office to aforementioned pub - terrible because of the time of day and the usual congestion, and the video someone had sent him but he was refusing to send me as he wanted to watch it together - presumably not simply because he was being a tease, but to be able to watch my reaction to said video.

Though he'd already claimed a beer, something he swore I'd have to try, he wasn't letting himself get distracted by his surroundings. Dutifully, he was responding to my every message near-on immediately, all to keep me entertained and/or distracted.

Downside to his devotion was that he'd failed to notice my arrival some 15 minutes earlier. Now it's become a game to see just how long it will take him to look up and see me standing several tables away.