Daughter of Darkness II

Riku and Kairi tried to talk to her, but their voices were just background noise.

There really was something wrong with Akio. Her big, beautiful eyes were gone. They were now a dull gray, as if the light brown part had disappeared and the gray flecks took over. But, I could see a hint of yellow in her eyes. Could Xehanort already have claimed her heart?

"Haku, c'mon! Haku! Answer me!" Kairi yelled, shaking her shoulders.

"This has never happened before," Riku said. "Maybe we should........wait. I..I...Who's Haku?"

"What are you talking about?!" Kairi screamed, tears running down her face. Riku pulled her back, saying things I couldn't hear. She started yelling at him again.

All Riku did was stare at Akio.

She suddenly stood up, and they both watched Akio back away from them. She was slow at first, keeping her eyes on theirs. Kairi looked as if she wanted to run and jump in her arms, but Riku was holding on tight to her arm.

Akio then sprinted away from them, away from the mysterious tower, away from her past. She was heading towards me. She stopped, mere inches away from my face, and I realized that the land had ended. A train track was behind me, and that made me realize. This was the train she needed to get on.

A bright light flashed, and a purple and gold train appeared with moons and stars on it. The door opened, and Akio went through me, leaping over the gap so she could get inside the train. Kairi and Riku had run over, but the door closed before they could do anything.

"Haku!" Kairi yelled, clenching her fists as more tears spilled.

All Riku did was stare at Akio through the window.

I opened a dark portal, not caring if I had to get back to Xehanort or not. I had to make sure she was alright. I appeared on the train just as it started to move away from this place. Turning, I saw Akio sitting on the floor of the train, her head in her knees. She was shaking violently, and I heard her sobbing.

Walking over to her, I put my hand on her head. I started stroking her head gently, and she stopped trembling. Lowering myself, I put my arms around her. I listened to the familiar sound of her heart thumping.

I used to have a heartbeat.

We stayed like this until the train pulled up to the station. I stood up as the train came to a stop. I watched as Akio peeked up from her knees. Her eyes were a little red, her cheeks shiny from her tears. She stood up, wiping away them away. She took in a shaky breath as she stepped off the train onto the platform.

Akio walked outside, staring at the ground. I followed her. She was leaning on the ledge that kept her from tumbling down. She looked over the quiet town, bells ringing from the station behind her. The sun was setting in the sky, making everything have a orange and yellow tint. Akio's eyes were watery again, and she quickly wiped away any tears that spilled.

I wanted to comfort her again. I never wanted to see her cry again. I never wanted her to feel alone. Hopefully, she never will. If Xehanort's going to make her a new vessel, that'll give me time to be by her side. She'll know that I'll always be with her, through thick and thin.

"It's nice, huh?"

I looked up to see a boy next to Akio. He had light brown hair that seemed to change colors in the sunlight and deep blue eyes. He seemed to be around the same age as Akio.

Not to mention he looked identical to me.

Sora pulled out a blue marble from one of his many pockets, holding it up to the sky. Sunlight glinted off of it, making it sparkle even more. Akio stared at him, and I couldn't help but feel a twang of jealously.