The Final Darkness II

I appeared in Akio's room, surprised to see her red-headed friend, Kairi. They were sitting on her couch in front of the little TV, eating sweets and talking. Sighing, I fell on her bed. Guess they were having a little sleepover.

"So, do you like Sora?" Akio asked. Kairi mumbled in response before speaking.

"Well, that depends on if you like Riku!" she exclaimed, causing me flinch. I sat up, confused. Akio didn't tell them about me, did she? Interesting...

"Answer the question!" Akio yelled, throwing a heart-shaped pillow at Kairi. How ironic. Kairi threw it back at her, and Akio hugged the soft pillow.

"Yeah, I do...but if you tell him, you're a dead woman!" Kairi threatened, causing Akio to giggle. I smiled at the sound of her laugh, a funny feeling in my stomach. "So, do you like Riku? Things seem weird between you two." Akio just shrugged her shoulders, the feeling in my stomach turning to nausea.

What is that supposed to mean?

She doesn't know?

After everything we've been through, she's not sure of her feelings?

After everything I've done for her, she doesn't know if I'm the one she loves?

As Akio took a sip of her soda, I narrowed my eyes at her, causing her hand to spazz out. The fizzy liquid filled her mouth, and she started coughing. As she took in deep breaths, I crossed my arms.

She'll know, alright.

"Why would I like that guy? I'm in love with Vanitas! He's the most sexiest guy I've ever met! I swoon every time I see him, and my heart beats out of my chest when's he's close to me! Riku doesn't compare to him!" Akio batted her eyelashes, and I laughed.

Boy, I'm good.

"Uh, are you okay, Akio?" Kairi asked, obviously shocked at her friend's strange behavior. I made Akio nod her head as if nothing was wrong, but I could feel her start to resist me.

"Why can't I control myself?"

I widened my eyes at the sound of Akio's voice, but started to smirk.

'Cause I'm doing it for you.

"Oh, great. You again. Wait a second...Vanitas?"

Smart.

"What the-? Get out of my head!"

Don't you need my help with something first?

"Huh? Like what?"

Well, let's see. You're trying to get into the Realm of Darkness, so you're gonna need someone to open a pathway for you. You're heart is still pretty weak, so you'll need some sort of protection. And, admit it, you just want me to be with you. I know I run through your mind everyday.

"Shut up!"

But I'm right, aren't I?

"Yeah, I guess so..."

So you admit that you're always thinking of me?

"No, I talking about the-"

"Akio? Hello?" Kairi asked, interrupting us. I frowned at how often that was happening, falling back on her bed. I heard them shuffling around, turning off the light and TV. It was pretty late, so it makes since that they would turn in for the night. Tomorrow is a big day.

"Do you think things will work out in the end?" Kairi mumbled. I was a little surprised at her question. I guess she worries about stuff, too.

"I hope so," Akio replied softly.