Confusion II

I appeared in the round room once again, surprised to see Braig smiling down at me. I was standing in the center, so I guess I haven't earned the right to sit in my chair. I stuck my hands in my pockets, feeling a little better. Braig didn't seem to be mad at me, so that's good.

"I heard that someone got lucky," he said, and I couldn't help but grin.

"Yeah, yeah," I replied. "So what if I did? It's not like I took away her innocence or anything like that."

"Smart move," Braig said, nodding his head. "Don't want to get her pregnant."

"So, what's up?" I asked. Braig gave me a sympathetic look, sighing.

"Well, I heard that she's trying to turn against us." He leaned forward, looking me in the eye. "She's trying to turn you against us."

"Don't be ridiculous," I snorted. "Like I would really try to help those feckless-"

"Feckless neophytes, I know," Braig said, cutting me off. "You're really starting to sound like that old coot."

"Oh, man, you're right," I muttered, running a hand through my hair. I sighed, looking up at Braig. "Well, I better get going. Have to clear my name, get her to join the darkness, the usual stuff." He saluted me with two fingers, and I opened another portal.

••••

I appeared in Akio's room to see her asleep on her couch. She was wearing a white, strapless dress, a black belt, and clean combat boots. Her hair was parted to one side and she had on a dark choker. She looked beautiful. I smiled, walking over to her sleeping body. I reached out, touching her arm, and she shifted.

"Akio," I said, causing her eyes to flutter open. She sat up straight, blinking a few times before realizing where she was. Akio rubbed her eyes, yawning. She didn't seem to notice me in front of her, making me huff in annoyance. She strecthed out her arms, standing up. I followed her to the open window to see the sun was setting, the sky a mixture of red, pink, purple, and blue.

Akio smiled, a look of excitement on her face. She jumped out of her window, landing in the Sandlot. I saw the Destiny Island Trio down there, crossing my arms. She started talking to Sora, Riku, and Kairi, who were all dressed up as well. They exchanged words when a strong gust of wind came. Confused, I watched as a colorful spaceship landed in the center of the Sandlot. They all entered it, and I could've sworn I heard Akio yell, "Shotgun!"

I leaned on the window sill, sighing.

Where could they possibly be going all dressed up? Some fancy party? You'd think they would be training for the war. This is ridiculous. What is Akio thinking, joining their side?

I looked down to see someone storming towards the rainbow-colored spacecraft. I narrowed my eyes, realizing it was Beanie Boy. Before he could reach them, the spaceship started to rise into the air. He crossed his arms, scowling, and I suddenly remembered him hitting on Akio. Growling, I appeared in front of him.

He jumped back in surprise, his eyes wide.

"Who the hell are you?!" he yelled.

"I could ask you the same thing," I replied, crossing my arms. "I saw you trying to kiss my girl. Big mistake." Unversed appeared beside him, latching onto his arms and legs. He fell to his knees under their weight, grunting.

"Yeah, right," he sneered, gritting his teeth. "Like you could get with someone like her." An Unversed appeared, grabbing his neck. He started coughing, glaring at me.

"Say that again," I growled.

"I said...you don't deserve....a sexy person...like her....you bastard," he muttered, struggling to speak. I felt something in me snap, and my foot connected with his face. A large bruise was on his right cheek, and he looked up at me with hatred.