Kiss II

I opened me eyes to see the walls throbbing. I blinked, but the scenery didn't change. The walls were pink, purple, violet, and yellow. Same with floor. I stood up, confused as hell. I thought a whale swallowed us?

I looked up to see platforms above my head. This room was making my head spin, so I headed towards the only exit in the room. Stepping out of the pulsing room, I looked over a large area filled with broken wooden platforms and water. The walls looked like the inside if a large mouth, and it had a row of teeth on the front wall, confirming my suspicions. Guess a whale really did swallow us. Now, where was Akio?

I heard voices and looked down to see Akio standing on a ship that seemed to still be intact. She was talking to a little boy. He almost looked wooden. Was he a puppet? He pointed in my direction, but Akio didn't seem to notice me on the ledge.

"Akio!" I yelled. She looked up at in a surprise, a smile forming on her face. I opened a dark portal that led straight to her. I reached my arm through, grabbing Akio. I yanked her through the portal, and she stumbled into me. I held onto her hand, and she looked up at me, giggling.

"I was just talking about you," Akio said.

"Well, of course you were," I replied.

"Not like that," she said, punching me in the arm. "So, why are we inside a whale?"

"Hey, I didn't choose to come here."

"Where am I?" a new voice said. We peeked over the ledge we were standing on. I clenched my fists when I realized it was Riku. Akio kept her eyes focused on him, and I couldn't tell if she was checking him out or not. I was filled with hatred and jealousy, overcome with the feelings I had before. Back when Akio was with Riku, kissing him and flirting. Why does this always happen to me?

Even with her right next to me, I suddenly felt as if I was losing her. Again. Maybe Akio was never mine to begin with. I need to do something. I can't just let her think that we'll be "just friends" forever. I want her.

"Help! Help! Akio, help me!" the wooden boy yelled. I realized I had zoned out on what happened, but I did see Riku drag the puppet away. They seemed to be going deeper into the whale.

"Vanitas, can't we do anything?" Akio asked, fear laced in her voice. She seemed upset about what happened, and I felt bad for her. She met my gaze, and I felt my body shift closer towards her on instinct. Weird. I noticed something out the corner of my eye, and we turned to see the whale was about to open its mouth. I quickly covered Akio's mouth and nose, holding my breath as the oxygen left the whale, the air being sucked out into space. A strange, colorful object landed in the water, and the whale closed its mouth.

I released Akio, and we both took in a deep breath.

"Right there," I said, pointing at the foreign object. No sooner did Sora emerge from the ship, dazed. I turned to look at Akio, who stared at me with wide eyes.

"How did you know that we had to hold our breath?" she asked, shifting closer to me as well.

"I'm just smart like that," I answered, shrugging my shoulders. She smiled at me, and I saw her eyes look at my lips for just a split second. She looked behind me, them looked into my golden eyes again.

"Well, now I feel a little better," Akio said. "Hopefully, they save Pinocchio."

"C'mon, let's go," I said, standing up. She almost seemed sad to break away, but I grabbed her hand, pulling her up. I opened a portal, and we headed to the next world.

•••••

The portal opened up to a dark world lit by dim lights. We stepped out of it to see we were inside an area with a gate surrounding us. Tombstones were on the ground around us, dead grass sprouting up from the cobblestone path. A few jack-o-lanterns were sitting around, the candles inside making them look creepy and disoriented. I looked up at the large full-moon, in slight awe. I didn't let the rock in the sky distract me from the ghosts that seemed to float past me.