See You Soon

Xehanort kept Akio in the jail cell in The World that Never Was. He said I could watch over her, but if I pulled anything, my execution would be next.

He can't be serious, though. I've known him for too long, and he trusts me the most out of all the others.

"Why?" Akio asked, gripping the bars. I looked up at her. Her eyes were red from crying. I placed my hand on top of hers. She blushed, looking away from me.

"It's not your fault," I said for the hundredth time. I had stayed by her side after they put her in here. There's something I can do, though. It's not like I'm just gonna let them kill her. I could pretend that she escaped using her dark powers.

But, Xehanort's right. She can't just be let go and know our plans. No matter how much I care for her, she can't know we exist. It's for her own good. Now, how can I erase her memories?

"What are you thinking about?" she asked. I blinked, realizing I was still staring at her.

"Nothing," I answered.

"Then why were you looking at me for so long?"

"What, you're allowed to stare at me, but I'm not allowed to stare at you?"

"Wha- that's not what I meant!"

"So you admit to staring at me?"

"No! I- shut up!" Akio turned away, her face red again.

"Shut can't go up." Akio huffed in annoyance at my joke. Ouch. My bad jokes always make her laugh, so she must be seriously upset about this.

She let go of the bar, but I held onto her hand. I pulled her closer to me so we were face-to-face. Her eyes widened, and I could tell she was holding her breath.

Cute.

"Do you think I would just let him kill you?" I asked seriously.

"N-no?"

"I said, do you think I would just let him kill you?"

"No."

"Good."

"What are you-?"

"I'm gonna get you out of here."

"Are you crazy?!"

"About you?"

"Huh?!" Akio exclaimed, her face redder. I smirked before putting my finger on her lips. Her eyes crossed as they focused on my finger.

"If you're not quiet, they'll know we're up to something," I said, enjoying her reaction. She nodded her head slightly, looking me in the eyes again. I put my finger down and looked both ways before continuing.

"I think I know a way to make it so no one remembers you were even here. You'll forget you were here, too. You'll forget..."

"You?" she asked softly.

"Yeah," I said, sighing. "But, it'll be worth it. You'll be safe from Xehanort."

"But...what about you?" she asked, gripping my hand. "He'll know you did something, and-"

"Not if he doesn't remember meeting you."

"What?"

"Xehanort found your body, and he saved your life. You were so young, and you almost died. I don't know if I can stop him from remembering you, since he found you. If I stopped him from finding you, you wouldn't be here. But, I can make it seem like you escaped before I could bring you back."

"Oh, right! You're time travel powers!"

I nodded my head. I let go of her hand, stepping back. Her eyes followed me.