Chapter 2: Imbalance

Disclaimber: I do not own rights, nor do I claim any rights to Naruto, I simply play around with it.

Canon Divergence: Time Travel, changing the timeline. It starts very close to the beginning of Naruto Shippuden.

Warning: Political Discussions, Homosexual love.

Please do not flame, unless it is creative, then I can at least laugh at how weird it is your commenting on something you 'dislike' so much.

Chapter 2: Imbalance

The unease Naruto felt around Hashirama was magnified by at least ten times with this newcomer in the room, whose Chakra was so cold and potent, there was a moment in which he was fearful for his bare feet and fingers. As it was the Hokage in front of him didn't seem all that affected by the cold Chakra, his whole posture actually seemed to loosen, immense relief seemingly untensed his shoulders.

"Hashirama! Has all sense left you?!" Booming loud, was the man's voice, yet it was clear that he wasn't yelling, a rather impressive feat considering the only being Naruto had ever witnessed performing such a feat would be Kyuubi.

Naturally his reaction was to edge away, even more so when the previously relieved man in front of him seemed to deflate with the insult, his head even going as far as to bow down in what the blond could only assume to be shame.

It was such an odd and unexpected reaction that Naruto found himself recoiling, an arm going up to cover his twitching eyebrow to ascertain some form of respect.

"It's no good, I can't do anything right." There was such an informality to the act that gave out a brief chortle and was rather embarrassed that he was far too late to stop it. Really, he must have been in a state of enervation without realizing it. For there was no foreseeable way he would have done that if he was of a clear mind. Or maybe he would have, he was known to play rather a fool on missions, even now even as he had matured.

The thought brought the somber verity of the situation to his mind's eye, and the smile promptly vanished from his face, his eyes staring at the accursed orange of his jumpsuit. He only wore it in order to aggravate the villagers, in the beginning, then it simply began to become his staple, like Kakashi's book, or Iruka's scar against his light brown and smooth skin.

Mindlessly identifying them among both friends and acquaintances. It represented him, yet no one in this timeline would know that they would simply think him strange. Would he have to leave it behind? Like his past? He didn't want to believe that it was even an option, and yet, the finality in the Kyuubi's voice had stated it for him. What should he do? How should he even go about thinking about such a situation?

His aura was darkening around him unknowingly. To think just mere moments ago he had been chuckling to himself, now he had been brought back to his own self-sustained state of disrepair, which he hadn't felt so strongly since his last few days in the academy. How pathetic.

An unexpected warm weight on his shoulder settled him, dragging his eyes to the source, in which a warm smile was settled upon the Shodai's face.

Iruka's warm smile settled behind his eyes for a moment at the look. It seemed his mind was a cruel master, to give him such an image. For at this very moment, he could use Iruka's warm aura, and smiles. This situation was perhaps the most challenging he had ever been dealt.

"For Kami's sake Hashirama, the child is worse than you." Clearing the unexpected blurring in his eyes, he raised his eyes to the man in the doorway. Now looking at the man, Naruto had been half expecting to see Sasuke there, although he knew that his friend's voice was not that deep, he was still troubled by the sight of a foreign man in front of him.