Chapter 11: With Hatred

Tobirama was not someone he cared to see often. Admittedly, he knew the reason plain as day was because of his demeanor matching that of his old friend. Yet such an admittance was not something he held inclination to look too. So instead he avoided, and if possible obfuscated. It was more of his own emotional impending that caused the problem, so why not indulge himself the simple pleasure of being without company? That is of course not one of his options, luck was not blessed, and his was not infinite. As such it was inevitable that he meet the stoic man once more on the riverside.

Here in this time, it was not barricaded by concrete, protected only by its own soft stone, it created almost a beach nearest where the water ran slow. Infact many families of both clan heritage were enjoying the sun and the cooling water as the temperature rose with the nearing of the Spring Equinox. Tobirama as it came to pass, was sitting cross legged in a more rapid part of the river, eyes closed and attention clearly focused on breathing and relaxation. A meditation exercise. Par his usual course, the young man inclined away from the one meditating with the sole intention of moving quickly away before he could be spotted.

Luck disliked him, he must have wronged her somehow, although his previous experiences with her had proved otherwise. Maybe it was the simple explanation that she had always seen fit to cast him away, and instead impose upon him her worst. "Do you find yourself at comfort with nature?" A straightforward man asking about his connection to nature was strange in itself, but asking about his feelings toward it was even more so, he was one who sought to lessen emoting was he not?

"I like the outdoors. Its safe." When early life was drunken slurs at his door, there was always an escape.

Red eyes peeked in slivers from pale lashes, and the disdainful method of staring was not lost to the time traveling blond, already beginning to feel at illease with the calm stoicism the future Hokage displayed. It took a moment before the older man rose, the way in which he stood speaking of his muscle and experience, because he didn't have to use his hands to provide leverage or stretch forth his arm in balance. Naruto wondered absently if Madara had that much muscle control as well, his eyes adverting at the stray thought.

"My brother finds the most peace amongst the flora and fauna of outdoors. Speaks in frequent of its divine simplicity and unstrained eye." Water seeped from his clothes sticking matted wet against the curvature of his legs. The darkened fabric a pure contrast against his skin tone, still Naruto could hardly imagine him dawning anything other then dark hues, colour seemed like an obscure concept. As was the thought of Sasuke wearing pink. Comparisons aside Tobirama was a more rigid man then his old friend was, for while Sasuke could bask in the bracing breeze of autumn and fit into the minimal warmth, Tobirama belonged purely in winter's frigidity as it chilled ones face and sent shivers.

Walking forward, the thought of man came to a stop in front of his younger, unbothered by the weight in his pants and despite his soaked shirt, refusing to take it off in favour of privacy. Dulled tones made his eyes stand out in prominence, appearing as the Uchiha's sharingan against the darkness that was their visage. From a unfazed expression crept forward a glare, twisting his eyes. Naruto hadn't been expecting a pleasant conversation with the man, but to suddenly been given such an angered expression? It caused his nerves to flare, and apprehension to blossom quickly as self preservation settled in his bones. That was with the understanding that men like him were often not as irked as they appeared, merely the way their eyes curved caused the intensity to increase.

"I hear Madara has decided to court you." Was that all? He blinked, uncertain. Yet, if that was the case, well then being cautious would be foolish. Grinning, he put his hands behind his head, swaying ever so slightly. Happy to realize that it wasn't anger the man was displaying.