Chapter 30: The Vision

Mito and Hashirama had become well settled within their marriage, though, neither were pleased; a tranquility had developed between them. A compromise was also made by both clans in regards to proper protocol, Mito would be retaining her Uzumaki name, as opposed to taking Hashirama's or he taking hers. Naruto, though inappropriately conducted -especially for a spouse of one of the village heads- looked upon the entire affair with a laughing disposition, not necessarily for his knowledge of the future forthcoming, but rather, with the understanding of all considering Hashirama an Alpha within his own time. 

An attempt had been made by both of the couple, they acknowledged their lack of input for their friend, and could not do more then keep an open door for Hashirama should he need it. Naru, in particular, doing his best to offer a comfort for one whom could never have what he did; neither in romance or in man. That is unfortunately why, very slowly in the way of a creeping predator, a guilt came upon him; this for all that he had perceived to have stolen.

Regardless, he had frequented himself to be by Madara's side as his pregnancy progressed. Occasionally, he would sneak passing glances at Hashirama while he walked so surrounded by silence and while in the company of Mito. Naruto would then feel something within himself clench foreboding at his own selfish inclination; as he was happily conversing with his Homupowa. Even more daunting, a fear would settle as he rested his hand upon the life growing within himself and therein he would feel such a guilt. One not meant for the life there.

As it were, he was now nearing his due, uncomfortable in his eighth month yet walking through the marketers road glancing at the new materials. Opposing his Homupowa by being without his escort and revealing in the mischievous antidote that represented. Finding much interest in a piece of cookware appearing a poor copy of one he had in the Konoha he knew -an earlier model perhaps. It peaked at him, rivening melancholy alongside humour.

"You are Uchiha yes?"  So said a hefty set man to the Omega's right most side, appearing upon him a tilted smile placed in habit, not greeting. Regardless, Naru made himself poised to handle a diplomatic affair, as had happened on occasion in accordance with his position. Making his own of a kind reception, glancing at the group behind the man, all of which bore bo's upon their backs, and a stern look making all their eyes. Clearly marked as members of a clan, though not adjoined to the village as of yet from what Naruto knew -which was much- they were not hostile as they had asked politely instead of attacking whence he left the market road.

"I am, Uchiha Naru, the Matriarch of the clan."

"We are representatives of the Sarutobi clan, we came to speak in terms of a contractorial alliance between our peoples, perhaps settlement within the village." Naruto paused in his thinking merely a moment, though began treading from whence he had came as guide. There had been speak of their clan joining within Konoha many moons ago. Madara had mentioned during their courting that the Sarutobi were expected but never arrived thus. The possibility had been made, that their clan had been killed off as no massive of apology had been received. He could recall Hashirama disappointed for several days, but he had not known the reasoning; having been enveloped by his studies and proving his pacifistic intent to the current residents.

The entire affair had been nearly two years ago, to have been upheld for so long was suspicious, and the former Uzumaki had enough of a mind unclouded by pregnancy to realize a potential threat. Therein he stood himself as calmly as possible given his belly, and provoked himself into a display of uncertainty. "That was long ago Sarutobi-san, why my husband and I were nye strangers when you were invited for discussions. Now, I am with child, you understand my..." he did so despise when his own impotence struck him incompitant in times of duress -such as his first confrontation with Zabuza so long ago.- "...Hesitation." The wording came as benefit as the pause seemed to act as highlight for the questionable circumstance.