Chapter 15: Illness and Revelation

Sunrise held the entire clan up. Mist rolling around the buildings, warm and jarring, from the gloom in the atmosphere was almost telling. Nature in her cruelty pelted rays of sun onto all within the district, as a mockery for mourning minds. Crumpled against the well pipe shaking in grief, smothered by her own sorrow her quacking breathing, moist and torn from hours of the same had all members wanting to provide source of comfort. That a daunting thought to all, for there were no words of consolation that could be properly spoken. Not without a form of deflected anger directed to all present.

Naruto had insufficient experience with such a situation, emotionally he couldn't empathize, that didn't coil his mind however. No, instead he swallowed down the uprising guilt soaring so high from his abdomen. This was new to his mind, all the refractions of such a life were lost to him with time. Though death never did cease itself for convenience. So instead of watching speechlessly from the sidelines hoping to be of some help he pushed through a throng of shell shocked Uchiha alphas.

He pressed on until he sat leaning against the painful pipe right next to the emotionally tormented woman. Her gaze looked to him briefly, a shocking wideness to her eyes of caution, fear gipping her face like a mask that was crudely formed. To this he said nothing, his eyes spoke now, tears beginning to spring forth as the rain, free and true in his disposition. His mind was not screaming to him, nor was he shaking with a grotesque sensation of loss. No, just sorrow plain and easy to recognize.

"No! No!" The woman shrieked above any pitching of her cries. Her hands became white clutching the fabric of her clothes, her head so painfully tilted to the sky. At this point of her grief, her sensations must be near numb, the struggle of pain she had been displaying before all but leaving her, as wrecked pitiful versions of those same sobs escaped her as she quivered numbly. Falling horizontally, into his shoulder fixated on something no one could see in her great heave of emotion. He was hardly going to push her off. Although in an equally distraught state were a small group of children, all red faced with sore little cheeks and unstoppable tears, staring at him with hiccups carrying their shoulders.

What a horrid day.

Naruto gestured to the children and they all ran without hesitance, looking for something he could likely not provide. He opened his right arm for them, his left busy holding and comforting the mourning omega resting on his shoulder with the collapse of her world. He was bombarded by three small children clinging to him, wetting his haori in sniffling, opened mouthed sobs he was so long unfamiliar with. There was nothing for him to do with each person so stricken by the unexpected loss.

Mustering strength from a root within he knew charred by now. In the slightest voice he could, he spoke to her with no particular thoughts in mind, avoiding the grieving woman from thinking him implicating. "Wakaba-san."  White painted knuckles grasp into his haori pinching fabric and flesh in tandem. Yet, still aware she manages a struggled upsurge of sound from the bottom of her throat unable to speak. So nearby the children huddled close underneath his arms try to keep their loud voices refrained. "Where is Bou-san?"  Did her fragile mind conclude the depth of his words? No, indeed could they not hear the pleas of a concerned comrade, for all illusions of reality having been cast onto her were shattered by one moment of imperfection.

Perhaps it followed not polite manor to concern oneself as a 'lowly' omega the trials of an alpha's mind. Regardless of belief to how each of their own fought, Naruto could not consider for even the barest of moments that whether one was a mother or a father mattered to how the heart betrayed the emotion of its own destruction. What a mother and father felt in reflection to each other could be no different.

To lose one's child in sickness was a burden that no parent should bare upon them.

Bou-san would be drowning not unlike Wakaba following the loss of their son. Of this he knew, and in his remembrance of solitude he sought to never again allow it to be prominence into his own nor another's life. This conviction drove him to action, and in a move of cavalier nonchalance, he spoke loudly to the assembled moral support standing guard. To him stuck children and a grieving Mother who lost her son to a tragedy not easily adverted, yet unmarked by blade. Herewithall his mind spun in possibilities, strength intact had never been of his possession. Action to energy, morale to rule provided him well.