Chapter 22: Missing Sunset

Short chapter, for good reason.

-----------------------------------------

The reception did not maintain much dignity, though the remnants attempted to hold order. A rather useless try however, as no one saw fit to keep themselves under the position of refinement. Naruto attempted to keep himself astray from the temptation to join the others in a rambunctious celebration. Then glanced at himself and choose to fully embrace the delight of his own wedding.

It had been only mere moments of absolute jubile before a sharp spike to the air had many Uchiha's silenced. Alpha's of the clan monitoring in a synonymity, Madara stood while the Senju did their best to remain out of view. Naruto found himself grasped by his husband and pulled into a defensive, many of his fellow clan omega's getting put into similar position. There was a cutting threat put out into the atmosphere, as everyone gave to the apprehension aloft. Children were encircled by their Mother's arms in protection, while their Father's stood ready for a battle.

Then chaos flew, in the form of silver-head intruders slicing in attempt to kill. Some closest to the area of entry were cut, but none fatally in a luck that should not exist regardless. In the time of a breath there was a strike back from all. Those Senju had protected themselves in a caution sprang forth alongside the Uchiha with hidden tento, sprung from the confines of their formal kimono. Each grasping to an opponent with no hesitation.

Hashirama and Tobirama took action as well, one of them slamming an enemy with a fierce headbutt knocking -likely killing- the Hatake who now possessed a dent in his forehead. Following this, Madara slew three intruders with his katana, broke the arm of one man and stabbing through the chest of another.

It was such a raw display of power, Naru felt himself useless for reason of his own lack of action, and disregarding tradition he jumped into the fight. Happy that lack of practise seemed to have no bearing on his skill as one rammed herself into his rasengan and she launched into a comrade knocking him out with herself. Though, the new Uchiha had no weapons on his person with the exception of his fists so he knew himself to be at disadvantage.

Although, "Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Considering how many Omega were around who had no clue as to how basic kunai worked, Naruto knew he was in the fortunate class. Ordering his clones to evacuate all those defenseless, he tried to provide them a decent cover in their escape. Taking on a familiar face, the woman with long silver hair and malevolent eyes. Karimaru, he remembered her name to be, was she not the leader of the Hatake clan? Not that it mattered, as he had no choice but to fight the woman in holding her from pursuing the children and Omega's fleeing.

"Well, the pretty one, I knew Madara would find you intriguing." Once more she landed in front of him, but this time he expected it, and instead of her knocking him back, he hit her directly with a punch to the cheek. That was in fortune as her katana stabbed into the ground where he had been. He spotted an opportunity as she dove in to cut at him with her kunai, taking hold of vacant dango sticks, he managed to twist and drive them into her neck. Backing into summoning two shadow clones, as she growled at him and clutched at her wound. As one of his clones threw her off balance in knocking her down by the legs, he slammed himself into his chest with his shoulder. It was a mere moment of hesitation, as her eyes peered through him in the same manner as Kakashi-sensei's had, bringing him sharply into nostalgia.

Despite their invisible quarrel, Kyuubi saw fit to bring themselves forward. With the unexpected fortune granted he grasped unto the blessing dawned and bore down on the woman below him with claws, slicing into her throat and bidding himself not to weep for killing. Still, he forced himself not to look, instead of turning to look at all the enemies, Hatake, fighting with his own clansmen and the Senju. It was corrupt yes, and he certainly did not want to use such foul methodology, yet even so, he forced his chakra to flare and with this the area became flooded with tangible hatred. A cloak of red drawing around him and burning harshly unto his skin the feelings borne by its maker.