Chapter One

Lucas
In MM.

"Lucas, please don't"
"Jasmine how do you expect me to live without you." I stood up once she did.
"Please don't think of it like that."
"Like what?" I furrowed my eyebrows. I guess she sensed my anger.
"Please calm down, I love you but you have to find someone else now. Someone to make you happy."
"But you make me happy"
"Then why are you on the balcony?"
"I want to be with you"
"Then jump." I turned towards her as she walked closer. Something was off about her.
"Jump!" she pushed me, and I tried to stay up but I seemed weak and I went tumbling over the edge.

Beep Beep Beep

My eyes popped open and I was face first on the floor.
"Fuck" I groaned lifting up off the floor and flopped back on my bed. I didn't feel like doing anything, I never feel the same anymore. If she was here I would, I know I would. It's been a total of 23 months since I've last seen her physically but my mind never let me forget the image of her. Even though I was into deep thought, I kept a straight face. If I would've gave her my blood instead of that fucked up blood infusion. She would've been alive, I sat up not knowing how to control the tears that fell from my eyes.
"You don't understand! You'll never understand!" I yelled loudly, hoping the heavens would hear me crying and God will let my angel come visit me for one last time.
But it never happened, two hours later. I was just now getting out of the shower, I put some coconut oil on my hair then played with it a little. Nothing special, who was I getting cute for?
Once I was dressed in my black clothes. I slipped on a black hoodie and some black Gucci slides. I grabbed my phone and keys then headed out. On my way down the hall, I heard yelling then a thud which caused a mirror to break. Another nigha putting they hands on somebody daughter. I give him two days to live, she gone come back with her brothers and he'll get his ass lit up right then and there.
"Help! Somebody please help me!" She sobbed loudly, I walked closer to the door. Hesitating to open it, but what if Jasmine was in there. I quickly banged on the door, as soon as it opened a blow was sent straight to my jaw. See, this why I don't rescue bitches. I wiped my now bloody lip and looked at ole dude.
"Aw shit, my bad young. I thought you was somebody." He chuckled, I pulled my gun off my waist and pulled the trigger. Sending his lifeless body to the floor, I quickly walked inside and found her there. The room recked and multiple alcoholic beverages were scattered everywhere. I picked her up and began walking to my condo. Once I had opened the door I laid her in the spare room then sat in the chair observing her. Creepy or not, I have to watch her every move. What if she steals something, because I wanna play Captain Save A Hoe. She slowly turned towards me, my eyebrows knotted and I squinted my eyes walking closer to her. I pulled her puffy hair out of her face and almost had a heart attack.
"Jasmine? How? How are you alive?" I rolled my eyes out of frustration.
"They lied, she lied" But no one heard things I was saying because I was speaking to myself.

Alyssa

My eyes fluttered open and everything that I saw when I blacked out. I didn't see anymore. Who's room am I in? I quickly sat up to see him staring at me intensely. Why was his eyes so integrating? Like he wanted to know something.
"Uhm, what happened last night?" He finally spoke up.
"Husband problems." His face changed, and he seemed not interested.
"You married him?!"
"Yes" I flinched at his voice.
"Well, time to go." he got up and pulled me off the bed. He soon pushed me out the door, after noticing he lived in the same condominiums as me I walked down the hallway and into my condo. It was rather quiet as fuck, maybe Kennie isn't home yet. I noticed the apartment was clean too and there wasn't any trace of him being here today.
"Where could he be?" I shrugged grabbing the remote and turning on the tv.
"Kennie Harris was found shot and killed on Maridith street." my heart sunk and my mind was on a whole 'nother level. Tears weren't falling, but I surely was a widow. Nobody will ever love me, I stood up walking to the liquor cabinet. I grabbed the 1800 bottle and connected my phone to my speaker. I unlocked my phone then played 'Sing About Me' by Kendrick Lamar.
"Am I worth it?! Did I put enough work in?!" I sipped the liquor out of the bottle and let it burn my throat.
"Ugh" I groaned loudly.

...

"Hey can you open the door?" I slurred.
"Go away."
"Please."
"Go away damn!" I slowly began to get up and walked down the hallway to my condo. The music from my apartment faded out, I couldn't stand up straight and I soon went tumbling. I was crying by this time, I think my life is crumbling now. I felt thumping against the floor then I was lifted up from the hallway. His scent invaded my intoxicated nose and I knew exactly who he was.
"He's gone, he's never coming back. Get over it." I looked up at him with watery eyes as he just glared. He just walked up to me and grabbed my hand. He looked me dead in my face, but I kept my eyes on our hands. He slipped the ring off my finger and sat it on the dresser.
"I'm Alyssa." I mumbled hoping he would hear so I didn't have to repeat. His eyes widened then they went back to normal.
"What?"
"I'm A-"
"I heard you the first time!" I started crying, and I don't know what I was crying for.
"Why are you crying?" he paced the floor, I think I just let an escaped mental illness patient in my room.
"Huh Jas-" His eyes widened again then he ran out and that was the last time we spoke. I'd see people leaving his apartment and him leaving also. But he always avoided me, he's gotten skinnier too. Like he was starving himself. I don't know what I did, but I wish I didn't do it.