12. The Bouncing Ferret

A/N I write a lot of this now. This story I'm so inspired for! And I can reveal that there will be thirty eight parts in total! :D

- - - - - - - 

Gennie and I had just made it down the spiral staircase, only to met by Cole. His eyes looked tired, but a smile was on his face. He was dressed in his robes, and a pair of converse. The only odd thing about his appearance was a plaster stuck to his head.

"Morning, girls." Cole said, ever so cheerily.

"Um Cole," I said slowly. "Did you notice you have a.... unicorn plaster on your head?"

A flash of irritation came over Cole. "Blame my sister. She says because I scared her yesterday, I have to wear this all day as a symbol of my apologetic-ness."

"Alia's doing sibling humiliation right." Gennie commented, and the three of us started to walk out of the common room.

"So, you're fine now?" I asked Cole, who looked perfectly at ease.

"Yeah," He said running a hand through his messy hair. "I just had a freak out, that's all. But honestly, I'm not hiding anything."

"If you are, Alia will sure as hell find out." Gennie said, and a brief flash of panic went across Cole's face. But it left as soon as it came.

"Anyways," Cole said, pretending that Gennie hadn't spoken. "I'm being optimistic now. When Sam comes, I'm going to make her fall in love with me!"

Gennie cracked a smile. "And how are you going to convince your little friend of four years, how madly in love you are with her?"

"I'll tell you Gen," Cole said, slinging an arm around Gennie's shoulder.

"And you wonder why people think you two are a couple." I muttered.

"Oh shut up," The two of them spoke together.

"Anyways," Cole said. "I'm going to invite her on a date for the first Hogsmeade visit."

"When you say 'ask', do you mean plead until she caves in?" I teased.

Cole scowled at me. "More like beg. Anyways, then I'll be all flirty with her, so she gets the idea that it's a date."

"Like what?" Gennie asked.

Cole made a noise of irritation. "Like what?" He mimicked. "Like casually putting my arm around her, stroking her hand, touching her face, hugs. Lots of flirting. A kiss on the cheek."

"You sound like a pervert," Gennie pointed out. "You are describing touching certain parts of her."

"Am not!" Cole said childishly. "Right, Rory?"

"I'm with Gennie on this one," I said honestly. "Then what will you do, after your creepy touchy date?"

"I will spontaneously kiss her under the mistletoe, and give her the best kiss of her life," Cole said dreamily. "Then she'll be off home for Christmas, so she can come up with feelings for me. Then we'll be happy."

"Cole!" 

It was the twins. "Come on, we have some ideas about how to get into the tournament!"

Cole's eyes lit up with delight. "See ya guys," He said, drawing his arm away from Gennie's.

The two of us were left in stunned silence. "Somehow, I'm thinking he wants to be champion to win over Sam," I said at last.

"Poor kid," Gennie sighed. "He's got it bad. Let's just hope that this Sam chick isn't a bitch. I'm already sick of hearing about her."