Chapter 1

My name is Victoria Santos but everyone calls me Vicky. Vikki. Vicki. Everyone spells it different but I don't really have a preference but I spell it Vicky. It's October 30th and I'm with my friend Toni and My boyfriend, Erich. He always someone to have a laugh with, but not tonight.

"Who does this girl think she is?" Toni barks in my ear louder than necessary, obviously trying to get in trouble with the girl. She's always looking for trouble or attention. When she's not looking for one, she's looking for both. She flips her long, straight blonde hair over her shoulder, following it with an intoxicated laugh. I feel so alone here with this drunken crowd. My best friend is sitting next to me with her head rested on my shoulder, dressed in a slutty cat costume on.

"Where's Erich? I haven't seen him all night." I ask curiously.

"I donnoo. I saw him earlier" she giggles yet again, with her hair draping over my shoulder. Her words slur and her drunken breath invades my nostrils. Beer. I don't know how many shes had but shes not lightweight. My eyes beam towards the empty beer bottles next to her and I count. Six. Six empty beer bottles and who knows what else shes had. I am amazed at how much this girl can take. I don't get the pint of drinking though. I think it's stupid. It taste awful, smells even worse and- if you can tell I've never drank. Yup. I'm that good girl who always stays out of trouble. Unlike my irresponsible friend sitting next to me. I spot Erich's jet black jelled up hair from a couple feet away. I stand up from my friend and she whines. I remember my costume when I'm on my feet. The cat costume. Same one as Toni but longer on me and not as tight fitting. I make my way towards Erich and his eyes are bloodshot when I look in his eye. Has he been smoking? He's never smoked weed before but I know Toni is quite fond of it. I am prepared to ask him the question I'm thinking but he sees past my upset face and smiles.

"Hey babe!" He yells over the party music.

"Have you smoked?" I say, concern clear in my voice.

"Maybe" he winks.

Great. My boyfriend just smoked weed. With who? Toni? I wouldn't be surprised but why would they be smoking together. Without telling me. Were they with anyone else?

"With who?"

He laughs giving a smile to Toni. I turn around when I feel her breath on my neck.

She giggles and he replies with yet another smile. What the hell is going on?