Heal

Keiren ran up and shoved into the guard pointing the gun at Brynne, knocking him away from her. Ashton, taking her chance, used her power to throw down the guard that held her. He crumpled to the ground, whimpering, and she ran back near Jennette. Reese placed palms on the guard that was holding him and seared his skin, as the guard threw him down and he rolled over to the majority of the group. The seven teens stood by each other, all in a defensive stance, ready to fight. Jeb stood in front of his guards, smirking.

"You all almost aren't worth the trouble. I wish I could just kill you..." his voice dropped, and the kids fell down onto their knees and the ground, screaming.

"What's happening??" Brynne screamed, holding her ears. Jeb smiled.

"Nothing, as far as I can tell. Why?" Jeb asked, with an evil grin. Nash closed his eyes tightly.

"That screeching! What is that screeching??"

Jeb, becoming bored, waved his hand and the screeching heard only by the teens stopped. They all stood up wearily.

"What the hell?" Ashton yelled. Jeb gave them a look.

"My powers are unlimited. That was just a taste. How about...." Before he could do anything, Jennette and Keiren ran towards Jeb, ready to attack. Jeb, not showing any worry , smiled and put his hand behind his back. An invisible wave threw back the two charging teens, throwing them back and sliding across the concrete roof. Nash and Kaiser ran to help their fallen.

"How the hell do you have all these powers??" Reese asked.

"We tested them on you. Once we found a stable way to put them in humans without harm or death, I took all I could. Which was basically anything you could think of." he bared his teeth. He took steps closer to the teens, weak and hungry, with the guards behind him.

"It's so sad when my subjects decide to rebel. It's really a shame- we could've worked well together. I-" Brynne jumped up and punched Jeb square in the jaw. He retracted, then sat up, spitting blood.

"Bitch!" he said, going in to punch her back. Kaiser threw a chunk of concrete at him, it sailing through the air. It zipped past his face as he ducked , sneering at his quickness. He threw a forcefield towards him, but Ashton blocked it, the two fields crashing into each other and causing an explosion. It knocked everyone that was standing down.

"Ah! Sound barrier broken!" Keiren yelled.

Jennette, taking the moment when everyone was distracted, hurled a sphere of flames towards Jeb. He rolled over, missing the fire but it hitting a guard instead. He began shooting wildly, as did other guards. Keiren , being able to control metals, stopped the bullets mid air and threw them aside. Suddenly a hovering sound was heard from above.

"A helicopter!?" Keiren yelled. A ladder was throw down, and Jeb, seizing the moment of distraction, climbed the ladder quickly and waved goodbye to the kids, after the guards had entered the helicopter.

"You tried, but failed. Farewell, children. I'll see you in your nightmares," he grinned once more, and the helicopter hovered off. Jennette ran up to the group, shaking her head.

"Fly up there! Someone! They can't just leave!!" she screamed. Keiren put his hands on her shoulders .

"There's no other option! We can't go after them now!" She shook her head.

"Nash can throw me!" she suggested. He shook his head too.

"No, Jen. Just, let him go." she clenched her fists angrily. Reese looked at her.

"It's okay," he said. Ashton, planning out the next steps for the group, began talking.

"We need to go somewhere. We need to eat and heal. And we can't let our..." she struggled with the word for a minute, "parents, know yet. They will never let us go after them if we do. It's easier for them and us if they still think we're missing. I recommend we go to a hotel. Eat at an all-you-can-eat buffet. We can just stay there, heal, and plan our next move." Everybody agreed.

"But hotels cost money. " Nash pointed out.

"We can buy one for all of us. Everybody pays with what they have." Ashton spoke.

"So, should we get out of this hellhole? " Reese said.

"Yes, let's." Brynne said.

~~~~~~~

Kaiser hotwired a U.A.S. van, and Nash drove the exhausted teens away from their prison. They drove for several hours back into town, and after coughing up all the money they had, they managed to buy a fairly decent hotel, with enough money left over to buy a first aid kit, bandages, and snacks to get by. The teens sat in the room, the sky becoming dark outside the large glass window in their room. The boys shared one bed, and the girls shared another. Brynne sat in a corner, munching on snacks with Keiren. Nash sat on the bed, leaning against the headboard with his eyes closed, and Reese scrolled mindlessly through the channels on the box t.v. Jennette and Kaiser sat by the ceiling-to-floor window, heads resting against it, staring out into the city and sky, and Ashton paced the room. It was dead silent in the room.

"Guys," Reese said. Everyone looked at the t.v. The seven teens' faces appeared on the screen, with a male reporter speaking about the current situation.

It has now been three weeks since the seven teens, Nathaniel Hustler, Jennette Finne, Ashton Merriam, Reese Daily, Brynne Daniels, Keiren Graham and Kaiser Graham have gone missing. The search for the teenagers is still going on heavily, and if anyone has any information regarding the teenagers, turn it to the number below.....

"Oh! We're on t.v.!" Keiren said. Everyone sat in silence. Eventually, as the night stretched on, the teens fell asleep,one by one, all except Ashton.

~~~~~
"Guys wake up," Ashton woke everybody up just as the sun was peeking over the skyline. Bags were beneath her eyes.

"Why are we up so early?" Jennette complained. Ashton shook her head.

"Hush, I have a plan. It requires us working together, though. We need to find their base, that I have not yet done. Afterwards we need to infiltrate their base. I think with Jennette and Brynne they could slip in through-"

"Or we could just charge," Brynne suggested. The majority agreed with her.

"No! What if they are heavily guarded, or-or--"

"That's why we work together." Nash said. "You need to have faith in us."

"But what if they have the unsuspected? What if...." Ashton trailed off.

"We just hope for the best. We can't exactly predict this anymore." Reese said.

"But what about Jeb?" Ashton said.

Kaiser walked in the middle of the room, silencing everybody. He handed a note to Ashton. She opened it and read.

Jeb will die.