Chapter 2

Tris pov

I pull into school and hop out of my car. There is a giant banner in front of the school reading "Welcome students to the 2015-2016 school year" with a red X on the 5 in 2015 and 6 in 2016. Written over it with black paint a 6 over the 5 in 2015 and a 7 over the 6 in 2016. So it now reads "Welcome students to the 2016-2017 school year" Wow our school is cheap. They do this every two years. It saves money or something.

I start walking to school with Caleb who pulled in to the parking space next to me.

"Bye. Be-" Caleb starts.

"Tris"

"Bye Tris. I'll see you later. Don't forget Marcus is coming tonight." He runs off somewhere. My guess is to his nerd friends so they can head to class 15 minutes early.

"TRIS!" I hear someone scream from behind me. I turn around in enough time to be tackled by a hug.

"Nice to see you too, Chris." Chris, or Christina but everyone calls her Chris for short, is my best friend.

"I haven't seen you in forever."

"I saw you yesterday," I say laughing.

"Oh yeah" she responds letting go of me and pulling be towards the school.

We head to the office getting out schedules and locker numbers.

Homeroom-Mrs Wu.

Period 1: Social Studies-Mr. Kang

Period 2: Science-Mrs. Matthew

Period 3: Gym-Coach Amar

Period 4: Lunch

Period 5: Math-Mrs. Wu

Period 6: Language Arts-Mrs. Reyes

Period 7: Free Period

Locker #46

I compare schedules with Chris and I have homeroom, science, gym, lunch, and free period with her. I head to my locker and she heads in the other direction to her locker.

I know the years seem a little weird but I'm at the end of my school year. So that's why the school year is 2016-2017