Chapter 9

Tris' P.O.V.

When someone says don't freak out, what is the first thing you do? You want to freak out right?

To me, it wasn't being freaked out. It was more, I'm alone in a tent with a guy I barely know. Well I know him enough to know I hated him but I don't 'know know' him.

When his shirt is pulled off, I never thought I would see what I saw. Four's back has cuts and scars all over it.

"F-Four w-who did th-this to you?" I shutter from shock.

"My dad. He has done it ever since I was 7. I was forced to sit and watch my mother go though it and eventually die." He turns around and I can see tears that have wetten his face.

I pull him into a hug. I'm not sure why. I know I told him we could start a whole new friendship and I'm pretty sure he told me his biggest secret. But I'm not sure why it feels weird or strange. It feels like fireworks going off in my body.

We stay like that for awhile. "It's getting late we should go to bed." Four says. I fall asleep that night, with this whole thing on my mind. What kind of father does this to their child?

Four's P.O.V.

She pulls me into a hug when I explain what happen. She's not giving me that kicked puppy look. I'm surprised. Even when I told Uriah and Zeke, they gave me the kicked puppy look.

When she hugs me, I feel fireworks. I hope Tris feels them too. I always had this small crush on the girl who lived next door to me. I think this trip is bringing out the feelings for her now.

"It's getting late we should go to bed." I say. We lay down for bed. Tris falls asleep with in minutes. She must of turned in her sleep because her head lays on my chest.

I didn't want to watch her so I left her there to sleep. I wrap my arms around her. I don't know why I did but I did. I could do this more often.

With Lauren I don't feel the same way as I do with Tris. When Tris is here, I feel like I could tell her everything. We can actually have a conversation. All Lauren wants to do is make out. Maybe I should break up with Lauren and listen to my heart? Why does this have to be so complicated? With that I'm out like a light.

How's the story do far. Please comment on how you like it. If you have any ideas comment your idea. Thank you. Don't forget to check out my story that I am co-writing with my friend dauntless_oncer. Also go check out her divergent high story.