Chapter 8

Four's P.O.V.

When we get to the campground I give Tris back her earplug. She grabs her bag and we head off of the bus. We get in our camp circles and meet our leader. Our leader is Tori, Mrs. Wu. She likes us to call her Tori cause she thinks Mrs. Wu makes her feel old.

We head to our camp sites and set up. With the help of Zeke, because Tris wouldn't help me, I get our tent set up. Tris and I got into our tent to set our beds and stuff up.

"Well, I though this tent would be bigger," Tris says pouting. "Here's the plan. The tent is small so we will have to sleep side by side. We will put our bags in front of the tent. Okay?"

"Okay." I confirm. We set up the inside of the tent and head outside with the rest of our friends.

Tonight is Peter and Lynn's night to cook dinner. We all sit around the fire that was made, while Peter makes hotdogs and Lynn sets up chips, fruit, tea, juice, cups, napkins, and silverware. Once the hotdogs are made we all head to the table for dinner.

"Okay so tomorrow we are taking a nature walk though the woods." Tori says looking at some paper that I think is the schedule. "After that you guys can do whatever. Tris, Four, please don't kill each other this week. Try to get along. I tried to get you two separated but it didn't work. Mrs. Matthews is really hard to persuade."

We all laugh. We make small talk while we eat. After everyone is done, we all help out with the clean up. After that we all head up to the shower house for showers. The girls walk in front and the guys walk behind.

"How's the tent arrangments with you Four?" Zeke asks me.

"Terrible! It's so annoying being stuck with Tris." I say. "She so bossy. She completely made the tent the way she wanted to. For example, she told me where to make my bed at and where to lay my stuff. This will be the longest week of my life!"

All the boys start to laugh. By that time we are at the shower house.

               •                   •                    •

We are all sitting around the campfire talking.

"Gather around the campfire to sing a campfire song. The c-a-m-p-f-i-r-e s-o-n-g song. And if you don't think we can sing faster than your wrong. But it helps if you just sing along." Uriah sings. He is in his spongebob fold up chair, in his spongebob onesie, singing a spongebob campfire song. "Bom Bom Bom.... The-"

"STOP!" Lynn yells putting her hand over Uriah's mouth.

"What!? I was just singing my spongebob campfire song." he says.

"Uriah, we all sang it the first time. The second time we sang it with you. The third time some of us sang it with you. The fourth time you sang it alone. The fifth through 27th times you sang it alone, you're driving everyone crazy. Please just stop!" I yell at him. You think after the third time you would be sick of it.

"Okay fine." he says crossing his arms.

A little while later, we put the fire out and head to our tents for bed. Tris and I lay down. "I have a question for you. That night you were at my house. Did I really cut you that bad to make your back bleed like that?" Tris asks me.

I knew she would ask me this at some point. "No. Yes. Kind of." I don't want her to know what happens to me.

"What do you mean kind of?" she asked.

"Its just I...had my back stiched up and you reopen my cuts." I say.

"Oh. Why was your back stitched up?" Why does she ask so many questions?

"It's nothing."

"Hey, you can tell me. I won't tell anyone." Should I tell her?

"I can't tell you."

"Why not?" Why is she so stubborn?

"It's better if you don't know."

"Why? You can trust me."

"Tris, we have hated each other since kindergarten. We are not friends. How do I know I can trust you?"

"Four maybe this can be the start of a new friendship. Just tell me, please."

"Friends, really? Plus if I wanted to tell you, I'm not sure how." That's the truth. Like what does she want me to say? Hey Tris, my dad's  abusive. There's really no easy way to tell someone.

"What do you mean you don't know how? Can you possibly show me?" She questions.

"Okay fine. Please don't freak out." I say. I sit up and take off my shirt and turn away from her.

Please tell me how the story is. I want to here from you guys. Comment and vote. Go check out my co-written story with dauntless_oncer. Also check out her divergent high story