Chapter 12

Tris's P.O.V.

I'm on my way home from school. Today has been the hardest day I've had in a long time. Have you ever had those days you just wish you wouldn't have woken up? That you would've just laid in bed all day and done nothing? Where you have no problems or things that could cause you any pain? I wish that was the day I had.

I still have no idea what any of my friends were saying. I don't think I did anything wrong. Did I? I don't know.

Before I know it I'm home. I head up to my room and start to do my homework.

"Bea?" I hear a knock on my door. "Can I come in?"

"Ya" I say sighing. You have no idea how often I want to say no when someone asked you to come in. If the door is closed, that means I want to be alone! Family. Am I right?

"How was your day? You seem kind of down. Did something go wrong?" I look back and see Caleb.

"Ya everything was fine. I...I just had a had test today." I answer with a little shudder.

"Oh...well mom told me to tell you to get ready for dinner. We are going to the Eaton's for dinner tonight." with that he leaves. Great! Now I have to see Four. Maybe he will finally tell me what I did.

-----------time lapse----------
Knock!
Knock!
Knock!

We stand outside Four's house. I really don't want to be here. The only hope is that Four will finally tell me what I did wrong.

"Hello Mr. Prior." Marcus says once he opens the door. "Come in."

He opens the door wider so we can walk in. I find it hard that such a sweet man could ever do something like he does to Four. We walk into the kitchen for dinner. Four is in the kitchen putting the rest of the food on the table. We all sit down to eat. Marcus and my father sit at the ends of the table. My mom sits to the left of my dad and Caleb sits next to her. I sit to the right of my dad with Four to my left.

As always, the adults talk about government stuff while us kids sit in silence only speaking when spoken too. Stupid rules I have to grow up with. 'Dinner is for the adults to keep up on their day and the stuff that's going on. It is selfish for children to to talk taking that away from the adults. Children may talk when spoken to because it's selfish for them to ignore there elders. Clean up and after dinner are for the children to talk about their experiences of the day.' My father tells me that every time I speak out at the dinner table. I hate rules.

"Kids how about you guys head up to Tobias' room while we talk about business." Marcus says.

"Yes sir." Four says back. "Follow me Beatrice and Caleb." We all get up and head upstair to his room. When we get in there I sit on his bed and Four sits beside me. Caleb sits in a chair beside a desk.

We sit in silence for awhile and finally I speak. "What did I do wrong? Will you please tell me?" I whisper to Four so Caleb won't hear. Not like he's listening anyways. He's to busy reading of Four's science textbook for school. NERD ALERT!

"You know what you did." is all he says.

"Yes because if I knew what I did I would totally be asking you." I say sarcastically.

"Would you stop playing dumb! I know you know!"

"Yes Four I do know. I KNOW YOUR AN IDIOT WHO BLAMES ALL HIS PROBLEMS ON A GIRL! THEN PLAYS IT OFF AS IF SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE DID!" I scream at him. By this time Caleb listening.

"OH YA. YOUR THE SAME WAY. TELLS EVERYONE HER SO CALLED 'FRIEND'S' BIGGEST SECRET THAT COULD GET HIM KILLED. THEN PLAYS IT OFF AS IF SHE DIDN'T DO IT!" he yells back.

"I didn't tell anyone."

"Then how else does everyone know. Why did I ever think being friends with you would work?"

"It must have been some one else because I NEVER said anything. And it hurts that you think I ever would. " I say putting emphasis on the word never speaking softly, showing how hurt I am with my voice. Hopefully my voice didn't shake. With that I walk out and head downstairs with Caleb right behind me.

"I was just about to call you kids down. We are leaving. Thank you Marcus for a lovely evening." my mother says.

We all thank Marcus and head home. When we get home I head straight to bed. Why does he think I told everyone his secret?

There chapter 12. How's the story so far? Please tell me how you guys like it. If you have any ideas leave comment. Don't forget to vote!

Also go check out my co-written story the Summer of New Beginnings. Being co-written by dauntless_oncer. Go check out her divergent high as well