Chapter 5

Four pov

We walk up to the Prior door. At that moment I knew something would go bad. Not sure what, but I knew it would lead to a beating. We knock on the door.

The door opens within a few seconds. "Hello Marcus and Tobias" Mr. Prior calls from inside. "Please come in." We walk in and the rest of the Prior family is standing there.

"Hello Beatrice, Caleb, and Mrs. Prior" Marcus says with a smile. Well his mask as I like to call it.

"Hello to you too. " Mrs. Prior says. "How many times do I have to tell you Marcus, call me Natalie. Hello to you too Tobias."

"Hello Natalie, Caleb, and Beatrice," I say. I only call her that when our families get together. She also calls me by my real name when we are together.

We all head in to the dining room for dinner. We sit down. Marcus and Andrew at the ends. I sit on the left of my dad and Tris, sadly, sits beside me. Caleb is across from me and Natalie beside him.

We start to eat our pasta that Mrs. Prior made. The grown ups make small talk while us teens just sit here thinking, not talking.

"Caleb, Beatrice, how about you guys take Tobias and head upstairs while we talk."

"Come on," Tris says and Caleb nods towards the stairs. We get up washing our plates putting them into the dish washer. We head up to Caleb's room.

"Well now what," Caleb asked when we sit on his floor.

"I hate this. Why do we always have to sit here forever in silence? That's not even the worst part. Then we are forced to hang out with each other!" Tris yells/whispers. 

"For once in my life I agree with you." I say back.

"How about we sit here and read?" Caleb says. If you didn't catch on, he's one of the many nerds.

"Or...We could something fun." Tris says back.

"Your right, we study. I have millions of scie-"

"No. We are not learning anything!" Tris and I interrupt in unison. "That's creepy. Stop that! No I said stop! Your so annoying!" We both say still in unison.

That was the real reason everything went bad. Tris attacked me. She jump on my back and started to punch it. She would have attacked my face if I wouldn't have turned. Caleb tried to pull Tris off but she dug her nails into my back. Wow she has sharp nails! Caleb finally pulls her off but as he does so her fingers slipped down my back.

I feel blood starting to drip down my back. I know it's not from Tris' fingers that cut my back open. Well it was, kind of. Yesterday I had a really hard beating. I had to jump out of my window and walk next door to Zeke's and Uriah's house. They and their mom are the only one who know about my abusive father. Hanna is a doctor, so she stitched up my back. Tris must have pulled them open just now. 

"Omg!" Tris screams.

"It's nothing." I say, that's when Marcus appears.

"Tobias it's time to go." he says. I can hear the anger in his voice. We head downstairs. We thank the Prior's for the meal. This is not going to end well.