5. Movies

One more morning Taylor finds herself looking for Karlie at the beach. 

Nobody was awake when she left the house and somehow that makes the morning even better. She hates having to explain where she goes or why to her mother every day. Taylor loves her mother but she is the opposite of her. Since she was a kid Andrea has tried to protect Taylor for everything that surround her probably because since an early age Taylor was kind of special and different from other kids. There were times when Andrea was Taylor's only friend and even if Taylor wasn't aware of it at the time now she has to admit that it was a great support for her. 

But now Taylor is older, she is a grown up woman who goes to college and live with her best friend during the week so she doesn't like to have her mother asking questions every time that she leaves the house during the weekends, even if it doesn't happen really often. And the same happens during those vacations even if Andrea had promised not to do it a lot. 

Now she is finally at the beach but when she doesn't see Karlie around she decides to sit at the shore and sink her feet on the water while Pongo sits by her side. She is completely lost watching the ocean and thinking about how conversation with Selena the day before. Her friend is already flirting with someone new that she met only for one night and she still has trouble talking with Karlie when she sees her everyday for a week now. 

-Good morning girl- a voice behind her breaks the silence. 

-Hey guys- Taylor says turning her neck and finding Karlie standing already by her side. 

-Am I interrupting your thoughts?- Karlie ask with a big smile before she decides to sit next to Taylor with Pogo still sitting between them. 

-Don't worry, it wasn't anything important- Taylor says dismissively.

-You sure? you seemed pretty lost on yourself- Karlie says focusing on Taylor even if the girl is still focused on the ocean- you didn't hear my the first time I said good morning. 

-Really?- Taylor asks but she is not surprised she is really good getting lost in herself and ignoring the rest of the world. 

-Yeah even Pongo seemed lost with you- Karlie jokes trying to relax Taylor a little bit. 

-I was just thinking about a conversation I had with my best friend yesterday- Taylor finally explains. 

-And why that conversation keeps bothering you?- Karlie asks pettin Pongo's head. 

-It's nothing important it's just that she met someone on a party during the weekend, a DJ a think she said and she is already into him like talking with him everyday and all of that- Taylor explains but not giving the real reason why she is upset about that. 

-But... what is wrong with that?- Karlie asks reading that there is something more about it- Are you jealous or something? 

-Something like that- Taylor says being honest, something in her gut tells her that talking with Karlie may help her with her thoughts and feelings- it's just that I'm jealous but not because of him it's just that I envy how easy is for her sometimes to meet new people and get along with them. 

-There are people like that, it's easier for them to get along with new people but believe me, get to know a lot of people doesn't make you better or anything like that- Karlie says but she sees that Taylor is not convinced with her answer so she moves to be closer to her and rest her hand over Taylor's shoulder- I think that you are not that bad with people, I know that sometimes it's hard to have the chance to even talk with someone because people can be jerks but let me tell you that I'm happy that our dogs played that day because you are not as bad as you think dealing with new people and I am happy to get to know you.