6. Step by step

For the first time since she has started meeting Karlie at the beach every morning the girl is already there when she arrives. Karlie is sitting on her towel with Joe laying by her side but the moment the dog spots Pongo walking towards them he runs to meet her big friend. Taylor smiles and let them play while she walks to sit with Karlie. They have enough reliability in each other by now to sit next to her without asking for permission. Karlie turns her head and gives her a cute big smile.

-Good morning- Karlie says breaking the silence.

-Good morning- Taylor says matching her smile.

-I bought you a coffee- Karlie says lifting a cup of coffee from her side- but now I realize that I don't know if you like coffee at all.

-I like coffee- Taylor says stretching her arm to grab the cup of coffee- thank you, you didn't have to.

-I was pretty sleepy today so I thought about stopping for one on my way here and then I thought about grabbing one for you, it's not a big deal- Karlie says dismissively.

-Thanks anyway- Taylor insists.

-What do you study?- Karlie asks curious after taking a sip of her coffee- because you tell me that you go to college right?

-I want to be a writer, so I chose a lot of subjects writing related- Taylor explains focusing her gaze on the dogs playing.

-Have you always wanted to be a writer?- Karlie asks curious, she is the first person she knows that wants to be a writer.

-I think...yeah almost all my life- Taylor admits, she doesn't remember a day when she doesn't want to write something interesting and good -I started to read before everybody in my class and I fell in love with reading and soon enough I wanted to be the one writing those stories.

-And what do you want to write?- Karlie asks, even if Taylor is not looking at her she doesn't stop studying her face.

-A novel- Taylor says and suddenly her mind flies to her notebook which is in her bag right next to her.

-What kind of novel?- Karlie keep asking, she wants to know more about her.

-I don't want to bore you with this- Taylor says turning to look at her, the moment she meets Karlie's eyes she blushes, the girl still has that power over her and Taylor doesn't know how to control it.

-It's not boring at all- Karlie says patting her back in a loving way.

-Really?- Taylor asks surprised, she is not used to talk about her writing with people because usually people tells her to shut up when she does it.

-I think that it's amazing that you have a passion and you want to make that your way of living- Karlie says, she is surprised when Taylor react that way every time that she show interest in her life -so no, it's not boring.

-I want to write several books like a police drama and a love story or maybe a fiction one, I have a lot of ideas in my notebook- Taylor says and without thinking about it she grabs the notebook from her bad and show it to Karlie.

-You always carry that notebook with you right?- Karlie asks stretching the arm to touch it but immediately Taylor put it on her bag again and Karlie knows that she had crossed a line.

-Pretty much- Taylor says looking away.

-Have you ever let someone see what is inside it?- Karlie asks by Taylor's reaction she already knows the answer but she wants to hear it from her.

-No, I think it's too personal, maybe it's stupid because there are a lot of stupid ideas or messy information but I feel like it's only mine- Taylor admits looking at Karlie again.