8. 4th of July

The 4th of July has arrived and Taylor finds herself laying on her bed while she looks at the ceiling bored. It's still early but she hasn't a lot to do since that day she is not going to meet Karlie at the beach. The actress told her the previous day that she needed time to have everything ready for the party so she wasn't going to take a long walk at the beach like they usually do. Pongo is staring at her, he is also used to wake up early and can't wait for her morning walk so Taylor decides to take him out even if she isn't going to meet Karlie this time. 

The beach is quieter, more than usual or that's what it seems, maybe it's just the fact that Karlie is not around filling the silence with her laughs and her lame jokes with are an attempt to make Taylor laughs too. The walk is shorter than usual, and Pongo seems as bored as Taylor without Karlie and Joe there. It's probably the first time that Taylor realizes that the fact why she enjoys those walks so much is in fact Karlie and Joe. It feels weird since she is not used to depend on people so much. Sure that back at Nashville she always talks with Selena about their plans together but she has never stopped doing something just because it feels different without her best friend, however which was a charming walk the first days at the beach now feels empty without Karlie so she probably won't do it again without her. 

By the time that Taylor comes back to the house her parents and Austin are already awake. Andrea is going from one place to another preparing everything for the party but Austin and her father are quiet at the kitchen having breakfast so she decides to join them. Scott has allowed them to go to Karlie's party so it's normal that her father wants to know more about Karlie. Austin shares a look with Taylor not sure if she is going to tell the truth or not to her father. Taylor is freeze in her stool, not knowing what to do and it's weird that something like that happens to her. 

-I....

-What's wrong?- Scott asks- she is your friend right? Why are you so... awkward about this?

-I...- Taylor looks at her brother again who knows what her sister want, a minute alone with her father. 

-I will leave you two alone- Austin says leaving the room. 

-Dad there's something I want you to know but you can't tell mum- Taylor warns him, the girl already know that Andrea is not a Karlie fan since she is the one keeping her daughter from her and if she finds out that Karlie is a celebrity Taylor is sure that Andrea wouldn't understand it, she would probably think that Karlie is just using Taylor or something like that. 

-Go ahead Taylor- Scott says- I promise this is between you and me. 

-Well when I met Karlie I thought she was just a girl at a beach but recently I discovered that she is an actress, like a famous one- Taylor explains and immediately she sees her father surprised face- she is Karlie Kloss. 

-Wait, the actress from that tv series? The one of those teenagers with superpowers and vampires and...

-I don't want to know how you know that or even why- Taylor says shaking her head- the case is that she is famous and I don't want mom overreacting about this, she already hates Karlie. 

-She doesn't hate her it's just that she is used to having you for her like all the time and she expected this vacations to be more familiar- Scotts says defending Andrea. 

-I know dad but I met her and I don't know you know that I'm not used to have a lot of friends- Taylor reminds her. 

-I know Taylor that's why I wanted you to go to that party- Scott smiles- and if for you it's not important that she is famous it's not important for me either, she is just Karlie your friend. 

-Thank you dad- Taylor says hugging Scott. 

-Now go to get ready before your cousins arrive- Scott says breaking the embrace.