13. You are in love

Taylor finally goes into the rental house and the moment she opens the door Pongo is all over her licking her face, he has missed her. Taylor closes the door and leans to play with him for some minutes before going to her room but on her way her mother and father appear. 

-Oh god!- Andrea exclaims- you are finally here. 

-Yeah...

-We've missed you- Scott says hugging her daughter. 

-I... I've missed you too- Taylor admits, letting go all her anger and feeling home again with that hug. 

-Can we talk?- Andrea says, she wants to fix that awkward situation before anything. 

-Sure- Taylor accepts following them to the living room

She hasn't seen or heard Austin which means that he is probably outside or with Ed. Taylor sits in the couch in front of her parents, and before they can ask or say anything she is the one speaking.

-I will talk about this only if you two promise to be mature about it and to be listen to me- Taylor says really seriously. 

-We promise- Andrea says nodding with her head. 

-Ok, then we can talk about it- Taylor accepts. 

-So... where were you these last few days?- Scott asks, he knows that is better to start with something simple. 

-I was out of town... with Karlie- Taylor answers- I needed to be away from some days and it seemed like a good idea to do a trip with her. 

-Oh... sure, did you have fun?- Scott asks again. 

-Yeah... I had a great time actually- Taylor says, she can't lie about it. 

-Well... we are happy to hear that at least you had a good time- Scott says with a small smile. 

-What about you? Have you been with the family?- Taylor asks, she feels strange doing small talk instead of talking about what had happened.

-We did a few plans with them yeah- Andrea answers- but we were worried about you, at least at first, until Austin told us where you were and that you were fine. 

-Mom, dad... I was fine because I was with Karlie- Taylor says finally going straight to the problem- I need you to understand that, I was devastated when I left the house after our fight and Karlie came to pick me and everything seemed better. 

-Taylor...

-Wait- Taylor interrupted her- I want you to listen to this, Karlie appeared in my life and I didn't know she was an actress, we became friends and later on I found about it, but you know what? I don't care about that, it's not important for me, the only thing that matters for me it's how she makes me feel and that's different from anything I have experienced before... and for you it shouldn't be important that she is famous, what you should be worried about is how she takes care of me, anything else. 

-We've been thinking a lot about this issue- Andrea says. 

-And?- Taylor asks. 

-You need to understand why we are worried about you two dating Taylor- Scott says carefully- she is already exposing your life to the world, your cousins and the rest of the family is asking questions and...

-And?- Taylor asks again. 

-And everybody can talk and judge you now- Andrea is the one answering the question- we don't want you to be hurt Taylor, we don't want her playing...

-She is not playing with me- Taylor says hurt. 

-Taylor... what are you going to do when we go back to Nashville?- Scott asks, bringing up one more time the topic that Karlie and Taylor hate to talk about.