Chapter Twenty-Seven

As I step out of the shower, I bump into-

"TOBY! WHAT THE HELL?!" I shout. He stares straight ahead, under the sink.

"I'M NOT A PERVERT, I SWEAR!" he screams. I quickly wrap the towel around my body.

"What are you doing in here?" I ask, lowering my voice so that Connor doesn't come in and beat the shit out of him.

"Celsie is having some...issues...and she knew that you used the same kind as her," he says, his face reddening as he stands up. I smile at him and grab a couple before placing them in his hand.

"You're a great boyfriend for getting these for her," I say to him, kissing his cheek. He smiles before rushing out, closing the door behind him. I quickly change and then walk into the kitchen. Connor looks up from his phone and smiles.

"Why were you and Toby yelling?" he asks.

"Oh, he was in my bathroom when I stepped out of the shower," I say. His face immediately reddens.

"What?!" he shouts, and he gets up, but I place a hand on his chest.

"Calm down, he didn't see anything. He was just getting some pads for Celsie," I say in a soothing voice. His face gets even more red, but it's more in the uncomfortable way.

"Oh," he whispers before sitting back down. I laugh and playfully kiss his cheek before going over to the fridge.

"Hey, I had to tell you why he was in there. If I didn't, you would've killed him," I say.

"Now I can't look at her the same way," he mumbles.

"Grow up. If you're in a relationship with me, you should be able to handle it," I laugh. His eyes widen, and he looks at me.

"It's not like that! It's just, now that I know that she's on it, she and Toby could...and have a baby!" He exclaims.

"Whoa! Hold your horses! Do you really think they're going to do that? Toby couldn't look at me until I had a towel on, and he looked at my face the whole time. I'm pretty sure he's not going to try to get into her pants."

"Hey Emily?" Celsie says, making me jump.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Thanks, and sorry about Toby. He almost had a heart-attack, he was so uncomfortable," she says, giggling at the thought.

"No problem. Just make sure that he knocks next time," I say. She nods before going back upstairs. I turn to Connor with my hands on my waist.

"See? She was the same Celsie that you've known for ten years," I point out. He smiles and pulls me onto his lap before lightly kissing my neck.

"This is why I like you. You show me the good side to everything," he says, looking at me with that goofy grin of his on his face. I chuckle and kiss his lips lightly before standing up. He pulls me back down and buries his face into the side of my neck.

"No," he whines. Mrs. McDonough walks in and laughs when she sees me mouth "Help me."

"Connor, I think she wants to get up," she says.

"No," he says quickly, like a little kid.

"Connor-"

"No! I want my snuggly bear!" he says. I burst out laughing. "What's so funny?"

"I just think that nickname is funny," I manage to say.

"It's close to what Mike is called in Monsters Inc.," his mother points out.

"My snuggly bear and I are going upstairs and snuggling."