Epilogue- I Smell Heartbreak On My Hands

A/n: I apologise in advance for any typos as when I'm writing I've pulled my finger nail off and I have a big ass plaster on k enjoy

Patrick || third person;

Patrick walked along the skinny path that lead through hundreds of gravestones, pulling his jacket around his small body to try and block out the icy winter breeze that cut through the air.

It'd been 3 years since Jess had passed away and still Patrick hadn't fully moved on, most days it hit him like a ton of bricks to remember that he saw her die, he saw her alive seconds before yet he didn't do anything. Everyone kept telling him he couldn't have done anything but he knew full well he could've at least tried to talk Jack out of it.

As for Jack, he got sent to prison for 6 years over a year ago but just 3 months ago he vanished. It completely covered all the news channels and newspapers, telling people to keep a watch out for him but so far, nobody had seen him.

As for that Andre women, she was taken to a high security prison for 10 years. Turns out the police had been looking for her for quite some time, she was known for her devious murder plans and she'd go round working for people and helping them kill for money. She'd then find a disguise and move on rather quickly across the country looking for more business but she'd always avoid the last place she was in for a good 6 months until she knew for sure that the case had been closed.

Patrick stopped at a grave, the headstone was a nice marble white with writing on that read.

Jessica Rosa Trohman
1998-2016 (aged 18)
Jess will forever be loved by family and friends
RIP

It always brought tears to Patrick's eyes, he'd come down here regularly and he'd always come alone, he didn't want anyone seeing him upset over someone who died 3, nearly 4 years ago.

Patrick placed some red roses down into the little pot next to Jess' grave, taking out the ones her mum had put in a few weeks ago, they'd started to wilt and become brown.

He sat down on the path and sighed, reading her grave for the 100th time this past month before he started speaking.

"So how are you Jess?" He started, I guess that question had become rhetorical now because she was never able to reply and nobody ever did so.

"Me and Yasmine have been dating for 2 years on Thursday, I think we're doing okay together." Patrick sighed, it was times like this he wished that it was Jess he was dating, like, he loved Yasmine so much to the point proposing had appeared in his mind but it was also not an option. All he could think about was Jess and he didn't want to feel like he'd betrayed her in any sort of way if he did ask Yasmine to marry him.

"I want to propose to her but I'm worried you'll hate me, please don't hate me if I do." He paused, watching someone wander past him with a bouquet of flowers in their left hand and a dark green watering can in their right.

"I love you with all my heart Jess, really I do and I miss you so so much." He finished, standing up and dusting himself of any dirt.

He stood staring at the grave for some time. It felt like just yesterday that they were touring the UK and with Jess' death, the week after Patrick, Pete, Joe and Andy had considered the band breaking up but that went out the window quickly as Joe said how Jess would want them to carry on doing what they love.

Taking one last look at Jess' grave until next week, Patrick walked back towards his car. He wasn't crying for once and maybe just maybe he was starting to move on and that's what scared him the most.

He didn't want to move on, he still loved her too much.

/::\

A/N: THE STORY IS OVER!!
I hope you enjoyed this story but please don't take it out your library just yet because I'm going to post some extra bits and bobs in the near future about news books and stuff etc.

But thank you for reading, voting and commenting I can't show my love for all of you guys enough!

Stay strong, you are loved and I love you so much!

-C A I T L I N xX