Becoming friends with a Yandere Part 19

"Hoshi," I heard the familiar voice behind me and turned around. A friend that I stood up for. Kokona, stood in front of me, awkwardly smiling. I couldn't help myself, and frowned upon her. "K-K-Kokona?" I said, choking back my tears. "Hoshi-san, I am so sorry..." she said and my eyes widened. "Yui, Yui told me that you gagged lies about me." My face blushed, "I would never do that!" She nodded and covered her eyes, "Of course you wouldn't, I'm just so stupid." I bit my lips and hugged her. For a long time, we remained quiet, hugging. Kokona lost my grasp and smiled, "So, we're all good?!" I nodded and we fist-bumped each other. 

During lunch, Kai-san wasn't his usual self. He kept falling, tripping and gazing at everyone angrily, "Kai-san," I said and he flinched. It nearly made me jump. "Kai-san, your friends are asking me what's wrong and you seem so scary!" Kai-san's eyes slowly returned into sanity and he chuckled. "Oh, I-I'm just upset because...I didn't make the baseball club." I stared at him for a few seconds and burst into laughter. "You're so funny! Everyone thought something happened! Go to your friends," I said pulling him up from the bench. He patted my head and slowly returned to his friends and I smiled. Oh shoot, I forgot to tell him about Kokona! Oh well, I'll tell him later. I smiled and walked outside. I wasn't suppose to be outside, but I was finished my assignment early. It was quite empty, I took out my chocolate bar and nommed on it. It was reeeeaaaally good! I sat against a tree until I saw Yandere with a student. Oh, how I wanted to eat my chocolate peacefully! I slowly followed them and saw a boy, oh. He's a martial arts member. His name is Shin. They were talking, until I saw what Yandere was holding behind her. A syringe. No, not again!!! She's going to do something! "Turn around," she said and he did so.

Wh-What am I going to do?!

As the syringe hit his neck, him unknowing, he fell to the ground and I ran. I ran to Yandere! My feet were moving on their own, I could not let her hurt anybody anymore. I let out a cry and Yandere turned to look at me. The second she glanced at me, I grabbed her arms, pushing her back. I still held onto her arms as she tried to pull her arms away. I couldn't let go. She kicked my stomach with incredible force, sending me back, but I still held out one of her arms, bringing her to the ground with me. I pinned her down as she screamed, "STOP! STOP IT!" I tried to keep her with me, "LISTEN TO ME, YOU PSYCHO!" She flailed, violently but I kept her close, "Stop hurting people, stop being so selfish! Don't you realize that people are more than they seem?!" I couldn't control my anger, but the look I gave her, made her a bit calmer, still trying to pull away from my grasp. "What's going on here," a familiar voice said and I turned to look, my eyes widening in horror. The delinquents! They were back. One male and female delinquent grabbed me away from Yandere as one hit her with a bat. Yandere winced at the pain, groaning out. "Ayano!" I called and kicked the students holding me in the shins. "Oh no you don't!" The one that hit yandere yelled, as I dodged her bat swing. I grabbed Ayano by her arm, pulling her off the ground and ran with her. I heard their laughs, "Cowards," they called. 

Ayano started breathing heavily as we ran across the school, into the empty gym. Her eyes gazed down at the ground. I stared at her for a few minutes until, she pulled me into a position where I couldn't use my arms or legs. "S-Stop!" I cried as she pushed me against the gym wall. "You knew? You knew all this time?!" I looked up at her, enduring the pain and nodded. "And instead of kidnapping Shin, you could also be my toy," she said as I gasped in horror. "Senpai is mine." I shook my head, "Ayano, stop! I don't like your senpai!" I said and she paused. "I never told anyone, I knew this from the first few days of school! I wasn't encouraging Kokona to confess to Senpai! She's my best friend and she was going through a lot!" Ayano scowled at me, "Does it look like I care about people like you?" I glared, struggling to stand, but continued to lay against the wall. "Ayano-Chan! You could of lost your Senpai if the delinquents got you! You would have gotten hurt so bad, you would never meet him again! Yet, I saved you and I knew....I knew all the horrible things you've done to people." She moved back from me, her eyes widened. She was surprised to realize that and glanced away. "So...Now that I let you go, you will tell?" I finally had the energy to stand and limped towards her. "No, you shouldn't be killing people in the first place, Ayano. You should earn Senpai without killing. I...will help...If you..." I hesitated, "If you convince Kokona to stay away from your senpai on your own." Ayano looked confuse and so was I. But, this was the only way I could save my best friend. "Please, Kokona's having problems. Please help her. If you do, I will do anything to make Senpai love you, please." I limped towards her, "Please, there shouldn't be violence." Ayano gaped at me, nodding to the agreement. She helped me walk back to school. As we were on our way, Ayano said, "I won't hurt anybody else. But, I love him and would do anything to earn his love, okay Hoshi?" I nodded. "I know."

"I already know what you do for him."