Chapter 3

***3***

JACK

At lunch, I met up with the gang. They were only sitting at the biggest table there. It was reserved only for the four of us.

I still wasn't close to their table, but I can already hear Rap and Hiccup's voice. Rap looked pretty ticked. When I finally sat, the two of them remained silent.

"'Sup?" I said.

"Oh, Blondie here is pretty upset." Merida answered, hiding the smile forming on her face.

"Yeah, it's not that obvious." I replied, sarcastically.

"It's Hiccup's fault." Rap suddenly uttered rather in a firm voice. "I told him to choose me as his partner for a mini-play at Spanish class but he chose the new girl instead of me."

"It wasn't my fault. She insisted. Besides, you got your boyfriend, 'Flynn Rider', as lab partner."

"Stop calling him, Flynn Rider. It's Eugene Fitzherbert, okay?" Rap said, angrily, her nose already scrunching. "Now, I wouldn't get A+ on that project. Eugene doesn't know anything about Spanish! He doesn't even know how to pronounce them, correctly."

"Is the new girl's name, Emma?" I guessed, remembering there was a new student back at History class, though I forgot her name. All I could remember is that her name started with the letter 'E'.

"It's Elsa," Hiccup said.

"And you already asked for her name! Unbelievable." Rap continued, dramatically.

"Chill down, Drama Queen," Meridainterrupted. I smiled at how silly she sounded speaking in American terms with an accent like hers.

"Yeah, Elsa, rather. She's also in my History class, this morning."

"Is it just me who haven't seen this Elsa that all o' ye are talking about?" Merida said, in a confused look.

"That girl actually thought I was gonna' kiss her." I spilled. Rap's face softened and became more interested while Hiccup looked at me with widened eyes.

"Were you trying to kiss her?" Rap asked me, placing her chin on her palms. Her green eyes fluttered while she was all-ears.

"What? Are you kidding me?" I said, finally regretting that I shared it to them. I know how intrigue they get when I open up something and don't continue telling them, they will never stop trying to get it out of me. "I mean, I only opened the door, but she was covering the way so, I played a little joke on her."

"What did she look like when you did that?" Merida asked me, her teeth already showing.

"You know how girls look like when boys try to kiss them." I said.

"She seriously closed her eyes?" Merida exclaimed and gave a loud cackle.

I noticed that I haven't heard Hiccup speak after correcting me with the new girl's name. I looked over to his part of the table but he wasn't there, anymore.

"Where's Hiccup?" I asked the two girls.

"Like, I care." Rap answered, stubbornly while Merida just shrugged. But then, I see him approaching someone. It was Elsa, I think.

I just looked at Hiccup assisting the girl with her tray. They both seem to get a long quite quickly. Must've been talking about their project. After that, Hiccup was already bringing her to our table.

That sly dog...

"Uhm... can Elsa sit here for just a sec. We're just going to talk about our project." Hiccup said as he places the tray down on our table.

"Yeah, sure!" Merida said, eyeing Rapunzel. "If it's okay, with Rap."

She glared at Merida for a second and then put up a fake smile at Hiccup and the girl, "Sure, she can sit with us."

I caught her looking at me when she sat down but she quickly looked away. I didn't bother speaking for a minute while Hiccup kept talking about their project in Spanish. What am I supposed to do with it, anyway?

ELSA

I took a tray and lined up for the food. It was lunch time and my tummy was pretty empty. Plus, boring classes make me hungry.

But as I lined up with the other kids, I see someone approaching me. It was my partner at Spanish class, though his name completely slipped my mind.

"Hi, Elsa." He greeted with the tightest smile I've ever seen.

"Oh, hi... uhm..." I tried remembering his name again. Was it Teacup? "Hi, Teacup."

"It's Hiccup," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. Well, that was embarrassing. He talked to me about our project but he talks so fast that I couldn't catch a single word.

"H-huh?" that was the only thing that came out of my mouth. He pursed his lips and then took my tray that was already filled with food.

"We can talk at our table. That way we can communicate more clearly." He suggested. I had nothing to do so I just nodded at what he said.

Hiccup took me to a table just at the centre, a table bigger than any table in the cafeteria. And there I saw the boy with the white hair, again. At first, I didn't want to continue, but at the same time, I didn't want to speak up to Hiccup because he was the first one to ever talk to me on my very first day in my new school.

The boy wasn't alone. With him were two girls. The other one had this very long blond hair while the other looked like a red-head tomboy. The girls looked at Hiccup with confused faces while the boy looked like he didn't care, at all. His blue eyes were as cold as ice cubes.

"Uhm... can Elsa sit here for just a sec. We're just going to talk about our project." Hiccup said.

Are these people his friends?

The red-head girl simply smiled and said, "Yeah, sure!" and then turned to the girl with long hair, "If it's okay with Rap."

The girl turned around and looked at Hiccup with a smile on her face, "Sure, she can sit with us." Her voice as sweet as her face.

Hiccup placed my tray on the table and finally let me sit. Hiccup continued what he said back at the line but I didn't seem to hear anything coming from his mouth, at all. I thought I was deafened by intimidation. The blond one just kept on looking at me as the sweetness of her face faded away. She wasn't smiling nor frowning. The other girl was also looking at me. It made me become conscious of how I looked in front of them.

The white-haired boy sneered when he caught me looking at him. Why is he always mad? In fact, I should be the one mad at him.

He suddenly stood up from his seat and excused himself. He definitely has a problem with me. After that, Hiccup proceeded with his explanation. When I finally snapped out of it, he said one more thing.

"Is it alright?" it was the only thing I heard from Hiccup.

"E-er, come again?" I said, bashfully.

"I said... is it okay if we do our project at my house on Saturday? We can practice our lines at my house. Plus, Mom is Spanish. " he repeated.

"Y-your house?" I said. "O-okay, I think."

After that, the bell rang which means it was the end of lunch break.

*Credited to: thehopefuls