Chapter 13

***13***

JACK

I woke up, feeling all better, already, waking up on a Wednesday morning. I went downstairs, seeing Mom reading the daily newspaper with a cup of coffee in her hand. I went to the table, grabbing an apple.

"Jack, why don't you try and eat properly." Mom said, putting the newspaper down to her lap. "You might get sick, again."

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away." I grinned at her and bit the apple in my hand. "Off to school, Mom."

"Oh well, just don't use your motorbike, this time. You know your school's only a couple of blocks away." She reminded.

"Sure, Mom!" I yelled back, already running down the hallway. I went directly to the garage, sneaking my motorbike out. She would have no idea.

I took my helmet from the work table and head off for a quick drive to school. My Mom knows I drive a motorbike, illegally, because I still don't have my license. She just tells me to drive it safely or don't drive it too often or don't get caught by the cops. I told her that I'm perfectly capable of being a good driver and that she doesn't need to worry about it. It's just a matter of time that I would be able to get my license.

I hopped in to my motorbike and began driving. I was such in a good mood, thinking that it was impossible for someone to ruin it. I don't need to worry about Hiccup anymore, though I still need to talk to Rap. I didn't think blaming her was a good choice. I just didn't like being accused of something I was afraid to commit like the prank I made for Elsa. I just really need to tell Rap that I'm sorry, that it was my idea in the first place.

I can already see the gates. I went to the student's parking lot and left my motorbike there.

***

"Rap," I called. She was hanging by herself in our hide-out. She looked at me, curiously, almost like she wasn't expecting me to call her.

"I need to tell you something," I started out. "Something that I should've done earlier."

"O-okay? What is it?" she looked up at me, ready to hear me out.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"I was going to tell you that... but... you were first one to do it... so... apology accepted." She smiled.

"Wow, felt like we just fought over nothing." I smiled back, down at her.

Without a warning, I felt pain in my left cheek. She just slapped me like it was nothing. I touched my face, looking at her with a confused look.

"I thought we're okay, already?" I asked her.

"I couldn't get it out, that time." She smiled, sweetly. Does she have a split personality or something? That's one weird thing about her. "You were such a jerk, Jack!"

"Merida just punched me, yesterday!" I said.

"Oh," she looked quite surprised. "So Merida really did punch you. I thought she just said that just to cheer me up."

"So you find pleasure when I'm in pain?" I asked her.

She just puckered her lips and then said, "What? No!" but then, she quickly changed her mind and then said, "Yes..."

"Okay, I deserve it, anyway." I said as we both enter the hallway.

***

ELSA